Zoas not opening

Millsaps2378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past 3 weeks or so my bob marley zoas have not opened up. When I put them in the tank I put them in a med flow and med light spot and they all fully opened for about 3 weeks then for some reason now only 2 or 3 heads will open up. I have multiple zoas around them and other corals in the tank that are doing great but it's just those that won't open. Water temps and params have all been normal and I havent moved or touched them hoping they may have just gotten upset from something but it's been 3 weeks now. I feed oyster feast once or twice a week so they've been getting food and they are not touching any other corals. All the heads look to be in good shape, still normal color and I can't can't see any kind of pests or detritus on them. Wasn't sure if I should just let them do their thing or if there was something I could try. Thanks for any advice in advance!

rsoethe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Might have a fish that is picking at them. Or you might have a bacteria or other pest. Might be good to try a dip and look for suspected fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back