Zoas shrinking/turning brown/ disappearing

60gallonrimlessYA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
9
Location
Jacksonville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have questions that would like to discus about. I have some zoas in my tank that are beautiful and have grown then I have zoas that close up and have brown on them I have a Redsea reefer 250 with a Radion gen5 Xr blue that’s on the arm with 2 Mp40 a that are on constant mode at like 3 light on the back wall of tank What is the best settings I should use to get all my zoas to stay alive

Light settings?
Mp40 settings?
How long should lights be on ?
What intensity should the light be on ?
Water flow ?
 
I’ll get pictures when the lights come on I’m working on bringing down the nitrates and phosphate with water changes but it’s crazy how some do amazing and others wither away
 
I have questions that would like to discus about. I have some zoas in my tank that are beautiful and have grown then I have zoas that close up and have brown on them I have a Redsea reefer 250 with a Radion gen5 Xr blue that’s on the arm with 2 Mp40 a that are on constant mode at like 3 light on the back wall of tank What is the best settings I should use to get all my zoas to stay alive

Light settings?
Mp40 settings?
How long should lights be on ?
What intensity should the light be on ?
Water flow ?
I have the reefer XL300 with 2 XR15 lights running 100% intensity on AB plus schedule for 10hrs. My MP40s run at 28% intensity on reef crest. I have a bazillion zoas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new