Zoas!?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Went to get calcium and phosphate tests. Phosphates are way high and calcium is low. What’s my next step ?
Thanks
You need to start to be more specific you can’t keep posting things like my phosphates are way high and calcium is way low without putting actual numbers I think people are tired of having to keep asking. Post the numbers........How do you expect people to constantly give you advice when they don’t even know exactly where you’re at

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to start to be more specific you can’t keep posting things like my phosphates are way high and calcium is way low without putting actual numbers I think people are tired of having to keep asking. Post the numbers........How do you expect people to constantly give you advice when they don’t even know exactly where you’re at
Don’t cry about it

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have so far.

Phosphates 4 ppm

Calcium 530-540 (do I need to lower?)

Alk about 8 dkh

Ph 8.0

Nitrates 160 (how to lower?)

1.024 salinity

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems alright the calcium seems a bit high to get rid of the nitrates you just need to do water changes...how often are you doing them?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
High phosphate, newer tank and peroxide dip will upset them greatly.
I would correct the phos issue as simple as adding a small pouch of chemipure blue or Elite which will keep phosphate and nitrate in check as well as any toxins If present.
reduce white light intensity a little and increase blue and if not responding to changes in next 5-7 days, perhaps add a little iodide to the tank

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High phosphate, newer tank and peroxide dip will upset them greatly.
I would correct the phos issue as simple as adding a small pouch of chemipure blue or Elite which will keep phosphate and nitrate in check as well as any toxins If present.
reduce white light intensity a little and increase blue and if not responding to changes in next 5-7 days, perhaps add a little iodide to the tank
Thank you for the input! I’ll go by the store and grab what I need today.

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend doing nothing, give the polyps time to heal after the dip, and don't chase numbers. The tank was a bit cold at 74, if you can add a heater and gradually increase the temp that would be more accommodating.

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend doing nothing, give the polyps time to heal after the dip, and don't chase numbers. The tank was a bit cold at 74, if you can add a heater and gradually increase the temp that would be more accommodating.
See I was wondering if the “do nothing and wait it out” route was worth trying as well. I did raise my temp to 75.3 last night but I think it’s so cold in the room that it keeps it a little cool.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All parameters are good. Only thing that changed is I’m at 1.023 instead of 1.026 and my nitrates are at the 20-30 range instead of the 120 range when they were opening up. I’m asking because I’m trying to get an outside idea besides all of the basics because I have gone over those. Oh and I had 2 led white lights when they opened. Now I have that marine dual blue and white. 74.7 temp
If your nitrates went down so much, so fast, you must’ve done a huge/bunch of water changes. Maybe get your salinity double checked. It might’ve dropped more than you think.

Back