OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My idea of “ let’s go look at fish “ and my husband’s is two totally different things. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
IMG_5851.jpeg

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the regal pair: It’s been 10 days since I last had contact about the regals so email them and got this response :
IMG_5902.jpeg

If it was just scales missing cause of rubbing on rocks I think it would be good by now. I’m starting to think the same thing is happening to this pair as the last ones. (Glad they kept them longer and didn’t ship them) And that is that regal angels just can’t handle the copper treatment and end up with other problems as a result. I read somewhere, maybe polo reef , that they had issues and had necropsy done and showed copper trashed the fishes livers. And that’s what killed them. Same results on more than one regal.

Even if they make it through this I’m not confident on how they will survive long term. I am going to wait and see how this pair turns out and if they don’t make it I will probably get a couple captive bred ones and do TTM on them myself, or give up on having regals.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought I would say thank you again for your jar donation. I unwrapped them and they are getting washed and sani rinsed in my dishwasher now. I had to laugh though because the newspaper they were wrapped in brought me back.

Attachments

• 1000009530.jpg
    1000009530.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 1000009532.jpg
    1000009532.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we had our power flicker, lights just dimmed and didn’t shut off completely, but now my Tunze ATO is not working properly. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not. It over fills now and only shuts off when the secondary emergency shut off float is raised. Took it off and cleaned it but still not working. I believe it’s the controller not a dirty sensor. Ordering the new 3 upgraded model.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That was quick... :)
i remember talking about surge protectors w you i think,will have to go downstairs to get the name...:rolleyes:
EDIT: Isotel Tripplites w a fuse or built in breaker.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was quick... :)
i remember talking about surge protectors w you i think,will have to go downstairs to get the name...:rolleyes:
EDIT: Isotel Tripplites w a fuse or built in breaker.
LFS had one in stock. Everything is on a Tripp surge protector already. It’s considered to be one of the best.

https://a.co/d/elPm34M

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New ATO installed. Plenty of cord and hose length. No separate control to have to worry about or figure out where to put. Liking it so far.
Tested today. My phosphate is going down but the nitrates are not going down as fast. How can I lower nitrates and not phosphates? I’m afraid my phosphates will bottom out and cause Dino problems again.
N 19.3
P 0.03

My new favorite beer. Problem is Deviate Brewery is always creating new flavors. (Food based brewery) So I gotta enough this one while it’s around, maybe a couple months.
IMG_5939.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Start dosing low amounts of NeoPhos to bring the phosphates up a little which should chain reaction and bring nitrates down a little from my lack of understanding with all things chemistry in this hobby.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think you are rt where you want to be ,edge of phos low, trates perfect ,jmo... ;) :)
I agree. But having algae issues so thought lower nitrates would help with that. It’s always a problem with a FOWLR I think since corals do uptake some nitrates

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back