270 Gallon "Fish Pairs Themed" Upgrade

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Osmolator 3155, no issues other than finding a placement for the optical sensor with some flow so it doesn't get gunked up which can stop it from activating. No sump here so floaties in the DT annoyed it a bit in my case. Havent touched it in months now (or cleaned it even).

Never going back to non-ATO again!
I actually ran the hose from it so it dumps the fresh water on the optical sensor. Never needs cleaned...

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@F i s h y you run ULN any thoughts here ?
I run low... 2 No3 and .15 Po4 but not typically by choice. Even with heavy heavy feedings an under sized skimmer and sporadic gfo usage I struggle to get nutrients up. But I equate that to lots and lots of coral consuming it, plus a sizeable refugium. Not much help here on this one unfortunately.
I'm feeding 14 or 15 frozen cubes a day now, 4 sheets of nori, and either phyto feast or the oyster eggs with one of the twice daily feedings...

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skies are getting darker.
Always makes me nervous when I get these notifications. I’m afraid of power outages cause recently it seems like one of my equipment pieces gets fried.

IMG_5945.jpeg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our storm started around 12 midnight. Picked up around 3:30 am, lingered on about after 8 am. Went away before noon. It was not as bad as the weather people wanted it to be.

When they broadcast "Alert, serious thunder/lightning storms could happen" and they don't kill hundreds and thousands of people... You hear their cries miles away.
World Series Reaction GIF by Brett Eldredge
\

Edit: we wont get into that though....

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be time for me to leave Rover and find another place for my dog sitting. Got this message from potential client this morning :

Hi Amanda, I need to cancel for Monday's meet and greet. So sorry for the short notice. I am not sure if I am going to use Rover with the extra service fees they charge.

Then I immediately get this message from Rover:

We want to remind you about an important part of our Terms of Service, namely that arranging a booking on Rover and then completing it off Rover is a violation of our policies and doing so could mean losing access to your Rover account.

They watch everything that is said! I mean, they are already a billion dollar company. Plus they take 15% from my pay. I need to think on this one.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be time for me to leave Rover and find another place for my dog sitting. Got this message from potential client this morning :

Hi Amanda, I need to cancel for Monday's meet and greet. So sorry for the short notice. I am not sure if I am going to use Rover with the extra service fees they charge.

Then I immediately get this message from Rover:

We want to remind you about an important part of our Terms of Service, namely that arranging a booking on Rover and then completing it off Rover is a violation of our policies and doing so could mean losing access to your Rover account.

They watch everything that is said! I mean, they are already a billion dollar company. Plus they take 15% from my pay. I need to think on this one.
Do they (rover) provide any service to you for that 15% cut? Insurance for you and or the dog that you are watching, etc? If not then may not be worth it.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do offer insurance for the client’s dog and to sitters dog in case something happens. But nothing for my property if something is damaged. And I’ve read reviews saying it is extremely hard to get any settlement when something did happen. I’m not concerned so much about my 15% fee, I’ve always paid that through rover and that’s how I get my clients. I wouldn’t have the clients without rover. But some of my clients have complained to me about fees on their end keep going up. And I’m more upset about that fact that they feel the need to send me a message when a client says something like this. I’ve been on rover for 8 years and have to sign their agreement every year so I know what it says. And I didn’t respond in any way that would suggest we go off rover. And I don’t like being watched either I guess. I don’t know maybe it’s my mood this morning and it just hit me the wrong way today.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back