Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really hope it's not spread yet its been in the tank a few weeks now. Does it only spread on a rock it's touching? And I guess that explains why some of the Xenia that was around it sometimes would be all drawn up.
Nope. Remember that frag you got that had it? They float off in the water too. Just put a little lemon juice on it out of water, rinse with rodi. They will always be an issue in tanks.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Remember that frag you got that had it? They float off in the water too. Just put a little lemon juice on it out of water, rinse with rodi. They will always be an issue in tanks.
I don't have any lemon juice I might have glue here somewhere

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most of you following my build have already seen my newest addition but here she or he is. I added her/him today:
20240323_214140.jpg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you still haven't treated the rock, I find that boiling water is the surest way to kill aiptasia. They can spread both sexually and asexually, and can do so more often when bothered. Boiling them is great because even if they release gametes, they'll be cooked!

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you still haven't treated the rock, I find that boiling water is the surest way to kill aiptasia. They can spread both sexually and asexually, and can do so more often when bothered. Boiling them is great because even if they release gametes, they'll be cooked!
I just removed the rock from the aquarium but I will remember that for next time.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are not happy with me right now but it's for their own good. I took all the rocks out so I could catch them and moved them to my 20 long and started the treatment of coppersafe. Since I need to add the other tangs I want relativity quickly could I order them this week and just add them to the QT tank so when they go back into the DT they can all go in together? From what I have read the DT needs to be fallow at least 45 days to insure that any ick will die. I hope none of the others get it and the tang makes it.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what's left on the Xenia rock. It doesn't pulsate and seems thick compared to the others that were on the rock. Is it still Xenia or is it something else?
20240322_181322.jpg
20240322_181346.jpg
that's apstatia

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back