OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give that Chalice a nice corner to sleep in away from most corals. If/when it decides to take off it will go after corals.

Hammer, torch, and Galaxea will need some space around them, they like decent flow but not direct - too much and they'll stay retracted and start to recede, not enough and they'll droop.

I believe the Candy Canes MAY be able to be with each other but I'm not positive.

Dragon soul is a good one for a small rock on the sand bed. BEAUTIFUL coral when it's colored up.

Duncan's about halfway up the rockwork usually. Medium flow, usually indirect again.

Ricordea will walk until it finds where it wants to be, I usually put them near the sandbed - half on the sand, half in the rock.

Pipe Organ - no clue, sorry?

Monti, I'd say 2"-3" from the top of the rock - give it room to encrust upwards for those nice spirals you see in mature tanks. They WILL block the light of any corals under them so choose wisely.
Thank you so much!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took advantage of one of the Easter sales and ordered these. I hope I chose a good vendor and picked the right corals...
Screenshot_20240331-203737_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240331_203835.jpg
Oh that baby blue Duncan from TSA has been on my list! I kept not being fast enough on their last sale and it wasn’t available on website lately.

TSA is great Amanda. Most of my corals have come from them thus far.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already did some as I was picking them out and plan on doing more for each and writing notes for each as like most of us my brain doesn't remember things as well as it use to...
That’s why I’m always rewatching the Than videos - lol. Can’t remember or retain unless watched 3 times .hehe

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that baby blue Duncan from TSA has been on my list! I kept not being fast enough on their last sale and it wasn’t available on website lately.

TSA is great Amanda. Most of my corals have come from them thus far.
I ended up not going with TSA but hopefully these will be good as well. They are coming from Agua SD. I liked that their sale had cheap corals I could actually get were as the other you had to be faster than my internet is to get the single $5 or $10 corals they put up.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up not going with TSA but hopefully these will be good as well. They are coming from Agua SD. I liked that their sale had cheap corals I could actually get were as the other you had to be faster than my internet is to get the single $5 or $10 corals they put up.
Oh they are in my somewhat neighborhood in San Diego. I would love to visit there new store, they just moved and it looks awesome. They have a good reputation so I’m sure you’ll be happy.

TSA live sales are tough - I literally don’t leave my computer unless they have a break or I need food or bio break - lol. But it;s the only way I could afford corals since mmost of my budget went to tank build and fish.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh they are in my somewhat neighborhood in San Diego. I would love to visit there new store, they just moved and it looks awesome. They have a good reputation so I’m sure you’ll be happy.

TSA live sales are tough - I literally don’t leave my computer unless they have a break or I need food or bio break - lol. But it;s the only way I could afford corals since mmost of my budget went to tank build and fish.
I do hope you get to visit their store sometime! The person running the sale seemed super nice. And most of the ones I got where less than $20 each with only one that I really really wanted being $30. I have ordered the stuff that Kevin recommended for feeding them and it should be here today I think. And hopefully the money I'm getting from my mom and dad's estate will be here within the next week or so and then I will order the Hanna master test kit. Then it's just a waiting time until I can start adding fish to the DT again. A friend of mine has a 40 gallon breeder tank that he's going to give me that I might use as a QT tank instead of the 20 long I have.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do hope you get to visit their store sometime! The person running the sale seemed super nice. And most of the ones I got where less than $20 each with only one that I really really wanted being $30. I have ordered the stuff that Kevin recommended for feeding them and it should be here today I think. And hopefully the money I'm getting from my mom and dad's estate will be here within the next week or so and then I will order the Hanna master test kit. Then it's just a waiting time until I can start adding fish to the DT again. A friend of mine has a 40 gallon breeder tank that he's going to give me that I might use as a QT tank instead of the 20 long I have.
Ohhh, the Hanna master checker! My dream tool. If I hadn’t already had a couple Hanna’s from my old tank that were in storage for 3 years, and then purchased another now before I realized they had the Master kit, I would have saved my money to and gotten during a sale.

I’m excited for you and can’t wait to hear your review of the kit

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh, the Hanna master checker! My dream tool. If I hadn’t already had a couple Hanna’s from my old tank that were in storage for 3 years, and then purchased another now before I realized they had the Master kit, I would have saved my money to and gotten during a sale.

I’m excited for you and can’t wait to hear your review of the kit
I will for sure let you know what I think about it!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, we both seem to be awake awful,early this morning…
Early for me most days is anything before 8:30-9 AM as I work primarily 3-11p at my job. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Hanna Copper tester and just tried it out and I love how much easier it is than trying to guess what color it is! I got a reading of 4.58 ppm should I add water to lower it? The two clownfish are doing great and begging for food every time I go near their tank.

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ordered a clean up crew package from reef cleaners today that will include the following so hopefully I'm set for cuc for a while:
110 Dwarf Ceriths
27 Nassarius
39 Florida Ceriths
26 Nerites
33 Assorted Hermits
3 Emerald or Ruby Mithrax Crabs
Add a couple of Peppermint Shrimp - especially since you had that Aiptasia in the tank. Also a Conch is a great addition - do one of the Assorted Smaller Conch. Just my $0.02.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a couple of Peppermint Shrimp - especially since you had that Aiptasia in the tank. Also a Conch is a great addition - do one of the Assorted Smaller Conch. Just my $0.02.
Love my peppermint shrimp. Still need to get a conch

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Peppermint shrimp and I will see if maybe I can add the smaller conch assortment.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back