JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I like it to. I have a couple separated pieces growing at the moment.

Going to post up a short video my phone made yes my phone made it by itself. I took the pictures and then it made a video of them all by itself. Guess it's some cool new feature on my new galaxy note 5.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LIKE IT !!!

My phone may be this 'Smart' as well but there is a serious lack in operator know how. Corals are looking really good Joe.

Cheers, Todd

dsmhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious how you are liking your Kessil's and if you think 3 is still enough for your tank? I just got a 210 and I am in the planning phases of getting it up and running. I am seriously considering these lights. Thank you for your input.

Great tank btw.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious how you are liking your Kessil's and if you think 3 is still enough for your tank? I just got a 210 and I am in the planning phases of getting it up and running. I am seriously considering these lights. Thank you for your input.

Great tank btw.

On a side note if I had a fresh start I would have done my overflows much different. I used the mega overflows that came with the tank. I would have installed a ghost or coast to coast as to give more room in the tank for aqua scape.

As for the kessil lights I love them. The seem to have the best color mix of any LED light I have seen. They have the same uv through no matter what kelvin you are running. Also Kessil makes all there LEDs in house so the quality is very controlled. I have seen and used different lights and chose the Kessil lights. I wouldn't chose an ecotech personally I really don't think they are any better and I refuse to pay that rediculas prices for them plus I would need four of them instead of three Kessil a360'WE lights.

I run everything with my apex and cane make the lights do all kind of intensities and color temps.

My corals have so much pop even with the lights really white.

All in all I love them. Feel free to ask any other questions. Sorry for the delay in answering you.

dsmhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. Do you think 3 is enough for a mixed reef 6' tank?

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. Do you think 3 is enough for a mixed reef 6' tank?
Yes I do.

I have a mixed reef. It's always a fine line in a mixed reef. When trying to make everyone happy it's hard to get everything growing like weeds. I will say that my sps grow great and that's mostly what I push to grow. My corals have never looked better than under these lights.

I would say you need to see them in person. Find some. Look at them. Maybe you buy them.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Joe! Been so busy lately and wanted to stop in and see how things are going (and say hi!) Was reading your comments above... i agree, if i could do mine over, as much as i like my rock overflows, I would really like a 24" coast to coast overflow or ghost on the 180. But there is always a chance of another tank someday to play with that idea ;)

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no post here.

Thinking of adding a fluidized sand filter to my setup. I have some extra 6" PVC and parts. Thinking of using 6lbs of pool filter sand #20 grade. Have to see if I have enough flow left from my skimmer pump to run it. Maybe I can divert the flow with a y.

Anyone have experience with a filter like this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back