JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use r2r through my cell 99% of the time (through tapatalk) and haven't noticed any differences. Is the only way to see differences through using a pc? What have been the major changes?

drheacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed to your post tis weekend and just finished reading most of the 560+ posts. I was in a LFS you mentioned in Sarasota this weekend while visiting the area. You have convinced me that the Apex should be my next large purchase. Was attracted to your post because we have similar sized display tanks. Maybe some day it can look as good as yours.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed to your post tis weekend and just finished reading most of the 560+ posts. I was in a LFS you mentioned in Sarasota this weekend while visiting the area. You have convinced me that the Apex should be my next large purchase. Was attracted to your post because we have similar sized display tanks. Maybe some day it can look as good as yours.

Thank you for following my thread.

Yes an apex is great to have especially if you like leaving the house or taking vacations.
Nice to have some piece of mind and all the things you can do with it such as monitoring and automations.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post 545 Jackie

I'll get some up in a few days. Just been busy with work.
Now how on earth did I miss that?! I seem do have missed about 8-10 posts somehow.
Thanks for pointing it out :) Been so busy and stressed lately, sorry. But it looks great! I like the look :D

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GBTA just split. Was walking by and said huh. Guess it wanted to. Hopefully both make it. It had done it before but the other half disappeared and never saw it again.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I was evaluating my RO DI output just to see because I want to do a dual membrane setup.
So my system is a 75 GPD unit. This rating is based on standard psi of around 60psi but as you know I run a booster pump at 120psi this increases rejection rate and of course production rate. The membrane is rated at 150psi.

So I filled a gallon jug. It took 8.08 minutes to fill... Can you figure out the math.

Well okay I'll do it for you 60/8.08= 7.43 gallons per hour. So this beats the standard by 4.43 GPH as the unit is rated at 3gph. Wow it's amazing what better psi will do for your system. I actually pressurize the whole unit and not just before the membrane but the reading is read before membrane. The guys at aquafx.com hooked me up with a awesome booster kit.

Okay so for the real number you want to know is a whopping 178gpd eat that 60 psi. Really not sure why more people don't use a booster pump really. Especially making 2 tds before di.

So I'm going to add a second membrane kit from BRS to my unit. Will report back with output.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a bad boy and haven't been doing any water changes in my tank for some time now. One of the reasons for making water faster so I can start doing them easier. Seeing some Algae in my display and I don't like it. Going to do 10% a week and go from there again.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty interesting Joe :) my 100g pd doesn't output that much for sure. My wells psi is low. When we added pressure the tank couldn't handle it so we had to put it back to 40psi. Adding a booster is really something to consider. Good food for thought :)

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting... Do you know, does adding a booster pump actually extend the life of the DI resin (if water flows through it faster, does it somehow make more zero TDS water with the DI resin lasting just as long as running 60psi water through it)? Or is your DI resin exhausting faster or the same now that more water is running through it?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 95 47.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 65 32.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%
Back