OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should I wait to try and ad pods/live brine to the system to seed the Rock and the fuges? Would like to have a solid pod and cleaner colony's before adding livestock always love watching the life within the rock structure.

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and my mp10s are holding through the background paint at 100%. That said a bump and they will fall off. I am going with MP10 s instead of 40s because of the height of the tank. I would rather have 2 mp10s then 1 40 on the side walls.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and my mp10s are holding through the background paint at 100%. That said a bump and they will fall off. I am going with MP10 s instead of 40s because of the height of the tank. I would rather have 2 mp10s then 1 40 on the side walls.
You are running two mp10s on the back I bet you have some nice flow.

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are running two mp10s on the back wall or on the sides?

As of right now 2 on the back. I am going to put 4 more it looks like over time all at lower settings on the sides. I also have the Vectra M1 up pretty high as well. Overkill I know but will have no dead spots.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only running one par30 led floodlite on one side and I have good growth on both sides I will be getting another par38 led at lowes to add to the other side so I can get a idea on which is better I've read so much on these and there's a lot of info out there just trying to see which works best for me.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll preface by saying that I haven't used them personally to date but I've heard great things about @AlgaeBarn and plan on using them in our new build which will have a mandarin. By the way, love the scape!
I just ordered my pods from them got a
bogo coupon off the website got 11000 pods for 60.00 shipped should have them in a couple days.

Oldsofty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am old school i guess. I just get the biggest glass aquarium and silicone a bubble trap, have the tank drain directly down to the algae scrubber...put some rubble rock in the middle and a bubble trap then pump. The bigger the fuge the better. IMO very nice aquascape btw

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am old school i guess. I just get the biggest glass aquarium and silicone a bubble trap, have the tank drain directly down to the algae scrubber...put some rubble rock in the middle and a bubble trap then pump. The bigger the fuge the better. IMO very nice aquascape btw
I really wish I had went that route now man this eshopps sump is crap and I've shot myself in the foot with it now I just have to suffer with it aquacave is who I bought it from and they won't stand behind it so I just ticked away 289.00 I guess I could fill it with dirt and plant flowers in it I will never buy from them or eshopps again.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish I had went that route now man this eshopps sump is crap and I've shot myself in the foot with it now I just have to suffer with it aquacave is who I bought it from and they won't stand behind it so I just ****** away 289.00 I guess I could fill it with dirt and plant flowers in it I will never buy from them or eshopps again.
This sump would be good for a 40 gallon tank at best it's says it's rated for 125 gallons lol what a joke!!!

Oldsofty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Expensive flower pot...my next tank build is going to be a 135 gal cube with a 135 gal cube fuge. I just like having a big fuge. It's never too late though. Keep your eyes peeled on craigslist for a cheap aquarium. Good luck. And man i really like that aquascape. Really kool rocks ans setup!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back