OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the return turned way down already I'm afraid if I turn it down anymore it won't have enough flow

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I can see the bubbles coming after the sock and flowing into the skimmer section also where there's another foam pad before the bubbles pour into the return pump section
As a temporary measure I would throttle flow back even more since you don't have livestock added yet. Dial it back until the bubbles aren't pushing through the filter/sponge. Once it clears up you can increase flow and watch for bubble formation again.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you put a valve on the fuge. Then you could slow it down to get rid of the bubbles.
No way to put a valve on the fuge there's just a few slots cut in the side down low under the plastic cover I put there to slow the flow or block it should I say but there's a lot of flow from the drain pushing the bubbles in my only option is to glue the plastic in permanently and run a feed pump to the fuge but I still have many bubbles making it past the sock into the skimmer section and in to the return section this is a nightmare

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same sump what I did is I put a 90 degree elbow on my return pump facing down and put the return pump intake as far left s I could next to the float valve. I also removed there float valve and have my ato higher up so the water line is above the skimmer sections return so that any micro bubbles float up and pop

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised the water level and throttled back the return but there is still many bubbles in the sump I will let it run till the morning and see what happens still hazy looking to me may be part of the cycle this Sunday will be a full week since new water was added
59cc44ee9cd61959227bef70affd94c4.jpg

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hazy / yellow water is caused by the rock. I had the same look when cycling my dry live rock. Very normal.

iLLwiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty small sump for being under a tank with a 48" x 24" footprint. I have a 30 gallon acrylic sump under my deep blue 80 thats around 36 x 16 and I'm looking into upgrading to a new GEO R-series thats around the same length but with a bunch more features.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back