OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 and like it states diatom bloom. Yay diatoms. Lol. So far it's working like it says. But stupid me forgot 25ml of the nitro bac on day 2 and didn't realize it day 5. I wrote all this down like a check list. For all 21 days. I guess I just brain farted lol.
6E8CAF72-4662-4B5A-816D-7366AD5E1F9C.jpg

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? As fast as you had diatoms you should be done by now. Lol

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? As fast as you had diatoms you should be done by now. Lol
Nothing new yet. Still have the diatoms they are spreding more throughout the tank. I'm going to ride this out and do what they suggest. Like tomorrow is and the cuc. But idk adout adding a herbivorous fish after 14 days. I would like to but to me that seems to soon even if they suggest it. I don't want to kill it. So I'll wait till more time passes for that one.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a equipment update.
8DC60D32-E276-4AF6-86E9-5AF1E7D84866.jpg

No not the pros just some G1s. I need one more though lol. To bad my wife took the laptop with her I can't play with them till she gets home.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update tank parameters are where they should be says Red Sea.
Ammonia .25
Nitrite .5
Nitrate 20
Alk 9.8
The cuc is in and cleaning and pooping lol. I need to get some more. I have 10 turbos 10 hermits 10 other snails ( I can't remember the name) and 10 of the little snails. So total of 40 little guys. And as for the alk I don't know why it's staying high. I'm using the regular Red Sea salt. It's just not dropping like the instructions said it should. I haven't had to add anything to keep it at 8.4 since I started this. But it did drop from 10 dkh.

SCHMUSTIN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the Ammonia at 0.25 still tells me your tank is cycling. Ammonia should read 0.0000000!!!

At the end of your cycle you will see a brown almost dust looking growth and that will be the Diatom bloom. That is when you k ow you are pretty well complete.

Looking good and remember patience is key!!!

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the Ammonia at 0.25 still tells me your tank is cycling. Ammonia should read 0.0000000!!!

At the end of your cycle you will see a brown almost dust looking growth and that will be the Diatom bloom. That is when you k ow you are pretty well
complete.

Looking good and remember patience is key!!!
Already had the diatom bloom. Sorry I should have stated these test results were from a few days ago. I do a water change and test tomorrow.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update. Day 16 of the reef mature kit
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-.5
Nitrate-40
Ph-7.8
Alk-9.1
Alk is lowering slowly but that's ok I need it at 8.4. But my ph is dropping it started at 8.3 on 5/14. Is this usual in the cycle for the ph to drop? I do have a cuc in there so far they have cleaned almost everything. The instructions stated I could introduce a fish two days ago. But with parameters like this I don't think so. I don't care what the instructions say I won't put a fish in that water. Ill wait for lower numbers. When I bring my other tank cuc over should I drip acclimate them?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update. Day 16 of the reef mature kit
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-.5
Nitrate-40
Ph-7.8
Alk-9.1
Alk is lowering slowly but that's ok I need it at 8.4. But my ph is dropping it started at 8.3 on 5/14. Is this usual in the cycle for the ph to drop? I do have a cuc in there so far they have cleaned almost everything. The instructions stated I could introduce a fish two days ago. But with parameters like this I don't think so. I don't care what the instructions say I won't put a fish in that water. Ill wait for lower numbers. When I bring my other tank cuc over should I drip acclimate them?

I am also cycling a seahorse tank and my numbers are very close to yours. Have you done a WC yet? As soon as my nitrites are 0 that is what I plan to do to lower nitrates and boost PH. I do not have any cuc in yet and I have a significant diatom bloom but I think the clean up crew will fix that.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also cycling a seahorse tank and my numbers are very close to yours. Have you done a WC yet? As soon as my nitrites are 0 that is what I plan to do to lower nitrates and boost PH. I do not have any cuc in yet and I have a significant diatom bloom but I think the clean up crew will fix that.
I've done a 5% water chane about 7gal 5days ago. I do another 5% on day 20 or 21. I can't remember. I test every other day to make sure my alk doesn't drop below 8.4 but it hasn't been below 9 since I started.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update it's done. Yesterday was day 21. Did a 5% water change and Parameters are:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20
Ph-8.1
Alk-9.5 dkh never dropped below 9
Phosphate-.13
I followed all the steps except for the adding a fish part. I've already put some coral in from the old tank and so far they love it. I'll post some pics up later today it's getting late lol. But I have to say the Red Sea reef mature kit worked in 21 days like it said.

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update it's done. Yesterday was day 21. Did a 5% water change and Parameters are:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20
Ph-8.1
Alk-9.5 dkh never dropped below 9
Phosphate-.13
I followed all the steps except for the adding a fish part. I've already put some coral in from the old tank and so far they love it. I'll post some pics up later today it's getting late lol. But I have to say the Red Sea reef mature kit worked in 21 days like it said.

Glad to hear. My tank is also cycled and I too moved some corals over from my other tank. Look forward to seeing your pics!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back