My Tank crash - Hopefully you can learn from my experience

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh man, not good. Thank you for making the video. I really enjoy your videos. Shake it off and move forward. :):)

Drmiami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 12 year old tank crashed, not because of power but because of a chiller failure when being away for a weekend... I lost 80% of all

All I can tell you is don't give up, the experience and all I have learned allowed me to build an even more beautiful reef this time.

I feel your pain as I saw my 1st and 12 year old powder blue die in front of me together with many many old colonies...

Don't give up and we are here to encourage you. Again, sorry to hear all

David.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek:...............:confused:.................:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

stock-vector-sad-smiling-balls-29105266.jpg

Sorry, I don't know what words to choose at the moment. Sorry for your loss and I hope you feel better!

Last edited:

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry to hear that. In the future, maybe you could consider a UPS to keep the controller and pumps working, or a small generator if you have the facilities, depending on where you live. I also have emergency lights in sockets that come on when the power trips to alert me that something is wrong.

Hang in there, it'll get better.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tank crash - Hopefully you can learn from my experience :(

Very unfortunate I wish you the best! Hopefully you'll find it's worth another shot at it.. Your tank was beautiful and I'm sure will be again shortly, you obviously are very good at this hobby! Thanks for sharing your experience and sorry for your misfortune...very good advice!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear this, but I urge you not to quit the hobby as your educational videos have done so much good. I lost everything during Hurricane Katrina, and had to start over from scratch so I know how you feel right now. Extended power loss is every aquarist's worst nightmare. :(

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking that since you've done so much with the reefing community in the way of educational videos, I would be more than happy to contribute to a gofundme site to get your tank up and running again. I'm sure others would do the same :)

Looking forward to the eventual videos about power loss mitigation techniques :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's so horrific. We have all been there unfortunately. Keep your head up and count your blessings!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so very sorry this happened to you. Sharing your experience, while painful, will help other reefers take extra protection. Best of wishes to you and please don't give up!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 48 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back