• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

***Reef Squad Needs Your Help - Part I of Many!!!***

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you're connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live." Sylvia Earle.

Fellow Hobbyist, the Reef Squad [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] is at it again. Last week we received a prayer request from one of our squad members that was a little shocking to say the least. We’re talking about Steve Griegelis, @steve&mari, who has been fighting cancer for over a decade. Steve has never asked for anything through his battles, but last week he received some news that put him over the edge.

All Steve wanted is that his prayers be heard and that we would pray alongside him. We all know the Reef Squad is here to help people, even if it’s one of our own. Well, the Squad reached out to Steve and his family. David, @revhtree, personally called him and blessed him with his prayers. Other Squad members did the same thing. All in an effort to keep the light at the end of the tunnel glowing for Steve.

The Reef Squad is organizing a few auction threads on R2R. Just to wet your whistle, here’s a taste of the auctions that will allow you to help us reach our fund raising goal for Steve and his family:
  • 2 different “Diesel mini colony” packs
Pack #1 Auction thread can be found HERE
Pack #2 Auction thread can be found HERE
  • RR USA SPS pack
RR USA Pack Auction thread can be found HERE
  • Aqua SD LPS pack
  • The Coral Kings SPS pack
Coral Kings Pack Auction thread can be found HERE
  • LRS "Larry Dupont" 6+ months food pack
LRS Auction thread can be found HERE
  • Also from a local forum, one of the members will donate a SPS pack that will be posted on the Houston forum. A link will be provided so R2R members can take a look at that as well.
  • All packs will come with free shipping.
Each item or pack will have its own auction page and we will provide links to the other packs. If you are not interested in bidding on one of the auctions, there is a GoFundMe account set to accept contributions. Remember, every little amount will help get us to our goal.

Auctions will end on Sunday 8/28/2016 at 8pm CST. So keep an eye out as we continue to add auctions threads and let’s get together and help out a R2R family member. God bless all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(. Prayers sent. God bless. Money is on short order recently, heck I haven't even purchased fish or coral in two months.

Seriously though prayers have been sent and will continue to come

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Prayers to Steve and Mari, and may these fund raising efforts help in defraying some of the costs to fight this nasty disease.

Stay positive.....I know it's tough, but it helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back