OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How difficult is it to do hexagonal shaped acrylic dosing containers? They would all fit together like honeycomb very well, and you could keep the sides all the same width, just adjust height for different gallonage?
Hex is something we stay away from.

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solvent weld is not easy. You should see some of our screwups. The drop off design will be a hybrid silicone and solvent weld. I am working on designing success into the build process. I already have a silicone only sump design that will be prototyping this week.

ATO reservoir and dosing pumps are pretty simple and good candidates for silicone only assembly.

Take a look at this >>>https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/collections/diy-kits-sumps
Are the front and back panel one whole piece or parts? I can't tell past the black lines. The dimensions are almost the same as the 40Bs I used to build. I would be really interested in trying this one and comparing to my old glass ones.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the front and back panel one whole piece or parts? I can't tell past the black lines. The dimensions are almost the same as the 40Bs I used to build. I would be really interested in trying this one and comparing to my old glass ones.
I will sketch up something here in a bit. What do you think of an unbreakable polycarbonate sump? 100% silicone assembly. It’s coming…:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interleaf assembly of the top, walls, and bottom. All polycarb ( as selected option) or acrylic. The baffles in both pc and acrylic will still be acrylic. Dry fit. Silicone. Let cure. Done.
IMG_0055.jpeg

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will sketch up something here in a bit. What do you think of an unbreakable polycarbonate sump? 100% silicone assembly. It’s coming…:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Top and bottom detai. And wait till you hear about our lifetime upgrade program.
IMG_0056.jpeg
IMG_0056.jpeg

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of them. This is the size I chose to get the ball rolling. We have literally dozens of products for diy candidates.
Frag rack! Doesn't need to hold water. And hard to mess up! Its like a homedepot class. Start us small. I assume most people that do 1 DIY will stick around for others. Success might help keep people optimistic
lol!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag rack! Doesn't need to hold water. And hard to mess up! Its like a homedepot class. Start us small. I assume most people that do 1 DIY will stick around for others. Success might help keep people optimistic
lol!
That's exactly correct.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do we sign up if we are interested?
Just hang out and follow this thread. I will give plenty of notice. Spots are limited but more will follow.

Edit. The next drop is for the drop off. The sump drop is coming next.

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can do it ANYONE can.
Well, perhaps you don’t give yourself enough credit. I’m testing third try tonight. I have what appears to be two leaks on the bottom, although I was certain I layered gobs of Weldon after failed attempts (and waited over 24 hr+).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back