The Tenecor® DIY Sump Drops Memorial Day, 2024

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help, but never had a sump and probably never will unless I win a non-AIO tank :p
I'd like to work out a good design for an in-display refugium and AIO cryptic refugium. That and a filter cup with floss and carbon would be all of my filtration!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help, but never had a sump and probably never will unless I win a non-AIO tank :p
I'd like to work out a good design for an in-display refugium and AIO cryptic refugium. That and a filter cup with floss and carbon would be all of my filtration!
This tank >>> https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/pr...n-aquarium-48x30x16-100-gallon-package-bundle

We want to revise the aio on it to accommodate a larger protein Skimmer and replace the media cup with a caddy. Further to accept fleece rollers. There is one in production as a warranty repalcement but the client for now wants to keep his existing one. Yes, warranty repalcement since one of the seams has a minor issue.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank >>> https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/products/reefpoint®-aio-lagoon-aquarium-48x30x16-100-gallon-package-bundle

We want to revise the aio on it to accommodate a larger protein Skimmer and replace the media cup with a caddy. Further to accept fleece rollers. There is one in production as a warranty repalcement but the client for now wants to keep his existing one. Yes, warranty repalcement since one of the seams has a minor issue.
I like your ReefPoints! Mine will be either 84" or 96" x 30" x 20" , at least that's the dream! Shallow enough to not be a nuisance but tall enough that the SPS don't all have flat tops. 12-24" for the clam/macro refugium and 5-6' for lots of wrasses, a few tangs and angels and a foxface. Separation between the display refugium and the main display will be tricky--acrylic border with overflows or maybe weir lines throughout for cross-flow... keeping it clean will be the tricky part! I'm sure there's a way to make it work. Time to start saving that $15-17K budget!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your ReefPoints! Mine will be either 84" or 96" x 30" x 20" , at least that's the dream! Shallow enough to not be a nuisance but tall enough that the SPS don't all have flat tops. 12-24" for the clam/macro refugium and 5-6' for lots of wrasses, a few tangs and angels and a foxface. Separation between the display refugium and the main display will be tricky--acrylic border with overflows or maybe weir lines throughout for cross-flow... keeping it clean will be the tricky part! I'm sure there's a way to make it work. Time to start saving that $15-17K budget!
Yours won't be that costly. I think I followed your design but please sketch it up. Sounds interesting. We have budgets for this type of thing. Think of it as R and D

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours won't be that costly. I think I followed your design but please sketch it up. Sounds interesting. We have budgets for this type of thing. Think of it as R and D
Love the enthusiasm for new ideas! I'll have to think about it more later--supposed to be writing right now (R2R doesn't count)!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a Model 30 going through today. Gives you an idea of the color scheme and build complexity.
IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these sumps be made with removable baffles so if you want a larger skimmer or media reactors it can be accomodated? Also I hate filter socks. They are hard to clean. You uses media baskets for floss or media , Right?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these sumps be made with removable baffles so if you want a larger skimmer or media reactors it can be accomodated? Also I hate filter socks. They are hard to clean. You uses media baskets for floss or media , Right?
We also don't like socks. They are compatible with them though. As a diy you can modify the chambers as you see fit.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread for some more traffic. I can’t wait for this. My first sump, 15 years ago, was a a DIY acrylic sump. I had a plastics company cut all the acrylic to dimensions and pieces i specified. Then welded it all together. Worked great for years!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread for some more traffic. I can’t wait for this. My first sump, 15 years ago, was a a DIY acrylic sump. I had a plastics company cut all the acrylic to dimensions and pieces i specified. Then welded it all together. Worked great for years!
Looks like Sumps don't get everyone excited. I may have to pull in the drop date to as soon as next week. I have a surgery scheduled mid month and will be out for a while. Talked with my production staff and we will offer a total 15 of these. Possibly more than one size.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I have some questions. I would like the model 40. Does it accept filter socks? Or could be modified to run a fleece roller?
the cups can be replaced with socks. i don't know much about these rollers. what would you need to make them work?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a tank with a sump, dreamed of them plenty though. Just at first glance, the 40 model looks amazing. The 30 looks nice but I like the setup of the 40 more.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cups can be replaced with socks. i don't know much about these rollers. what would you need to make them work?
The simple way to add a roller in many cases is with something like the Klir which drops into a 4" or 7" filter sock plate. @TheWB is setting up an AIO tank with a 7" Klir instead of a sock or cup. His tank is based on the same design as my tank with a 8" sump as the AIO portion of the tank. Here is a link to the Klir installed in his tank (still being commisioned).

There are a lot of different designs for fleece roller set ups but most just need a compartment large enough to use the roller assembly in place of the sock and plate. Red Sea is probably the most popular fleece roller design right now. The downpipe typically plumbs right into the fleece roller which just sits in the first sump chamber in place of the socks. The output from the roller just dumps into the sump, usually from underneath the actual media.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquamax I believe I'll measure it tonight

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 74.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back