Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can all agree it's a relevant question. It caught me by surprise, even. But demanding answers and claiming it's shady if they don't reply is ridiculous.

Brandon

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it is a very relevant question but seems there is some annoyance by some on not a instantaneous response.

I’m over this but you keep bringing Rants . I asked a question Tom to Terence not you . Where did I ,in that question ever hint I need a instantaneous response. You are twisting and squirming here aren’t ya

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, everyone take a step back, inhale, open a beer and take a swig, walk over to your tank and hug it, say cute things to it, like the fish and corals really understand it, and RELAX.

NOW EVERYONE CAN BE FRIENDS AGAIN!!!:p

I'm sure @Terence will answer any questions when he is allowed to answer them. The Trident will come out when it comes out and that will be a great day when it does.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can all agree it's a relevant question. It caught me by surprise, even. But demanding answers and claiming it's shady if they don't reply is ridiculous.

Brandon

No one has been demanding. Not a single person. This question just came up yesterday I think, and i wouldn't expect an answer until the workweek. It's a conversation that just getting started and the only people being impatient are the ones who are acting like these questions are attacks on Trident.

Btw, you're just proving my point about taking things out of context. No one said its shady if they dont reply instantly. I said it would be shady if they didn't reply until after release. And I also said I doubt they'd do that.

This is the "Trident FAQ" thread. Not the "Neptune Fanboy Gathering." Stop trying to play the victim-card on Neptunes behalf everytime a new question arises. Be a little more objective than that.

Last edited:

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woosah. Woosah. Well
No one has been demanding. Not a single person. This question just came up yesterday I think, and i wouldn't expect an answer until the workweek. It's a conversation that just getting started and the only people being impatient are the ones who are acting like these questions are attacks on Trident.

Btw, you're just proving my point about taking things out of context. No one said its shady if they dont reply instantly. I said it would be shady if they didn't reply until after release. And I also said I doubt they'd do that.

This is the "Trident FAQ" thread. Not the "Neptune Fanboy Gathering." Stop trying to play the victim-card on Neptunes behalf everytime a new question arises. Be a little more objective than that.

I liked it better when it said Fanboy better. Lol.

Tone and intent is very hard to interpret in text communication.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s simple Terrance is here he’s just ignoring the questions until he wants to say something just click on Terrance’s name he was on this thread 18 mins ago

People really need to stop believing that Neptune has our best interest at heart they are a company that only wants our money

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I quote this all the time. It's nice when people get the reference and don't just look at me confused while I rub my ears lol

Yeah...I get that a lot in business meetings when things get a little hot, but usually when I explain everyone gets laugh and breaks the tension some.

Last edited:

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like we will need to go into a waste container if we do not have a drain in the immediate vicinity, are the Trident reagents safe for the PMUP if I want to put that in the waste container and use it as a booster pump to the drain?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received the email today.....

Right they are advertising that they are going to get it - I don't think any have been sold yet. was the point.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s simple Terrance is here he’s just ignoring the questions until he wants to say something just click on Terrance’s name he was on this thread 18 mins ago

People really need to stop believing that Neptune has our best interest at heart they are a company that only wants our money

Oh dear.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like we will need to go into a waste container if we do not have a drain in the immediate vicinity, are the Trident reagents safe for the PMUP if I want to put that in the waste container and use it as a booster pump to the drain?

It is so little waste that that seems overkill.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can't possibly be serious. There is nothing petty about wanting to know information. It's an FAQ thread after all.

Required routine maintenance is something that should be disclosed to customers BEFORE they purchase a product. Especially if it cost $.

If they share this information before it goes on sale, then no worries. But if they wait till the day before, the day of, or AFTER it goes on sale, yes... its incredibly shady and straight up anti consumer. And that's what my reply was addressing. And, as I said, I doubt they would do that.

There is an old saying - since its Latin - it must be very old. Caveat emptor. I will likely buy this product - but - I certainly am not foaming at the mouth to be the first to get it. So if you buy something without knowing all the answers to your questions (i.e. the people pre-ordering - without knowing specifics) - well. BTW - I like the people on both sides of this discussion - but - come on - the ad from Marine Depot is not shady or misleading - its pre-marketing.

Serious - everyone (IMHO) should calm it down a bit - Dont be the first to buy any product. Unless you want to take responsibility for any kinks that aren't yet worked out (that said - it seems (though I dont know the details) that Neptune is doing a better job with this product than the Apex 2016.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is so little waste that that seems overkill.
I was under the impression that the waste didnt need to be saved... (i.e. could drain into the sump) - or was that another product?

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impression that the waste didnt need to be saved... (i.e. could drain into the sump) - or was that another product?

You are thinking of something else. The waste doesn't need to be saved, but is sure is easy to have it collect in a container if you don't have a drain to put the drain line into.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Every company wants your money. But - just maybe (contrary to some of the posts here) - they dont know yet. Perhaps they are indeed still testing some things. Everyone seems to want to assume whatever they think is the truth - when in fact - what @Terence has said is that when information is ready to be released - they will release it. I for one think the question of calibration (how often - etc) and maintenance is important - I think I asked it 3 months ago - its somewhere on here. I certainly wouldn't buy the product until I got that answer.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are thinking of something else. The waste doesn't need to be saved, but is sure is easy to have it collect in a container if you don't have a drain to put the drain line into.

Thanks... Appreciated

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A suggestion to @Terence. Since this is an FAQ thread - perhaps it would be an idea/auggestion to edit the main post - to answer the questions people keep repeatedly asking - when those answers (if) become available. Because - at this point I can see why people can't read through 100 pages of stuff to get answers to their questions. (either that or point to a link on your site- where the most recent FAQ have been answered. Other than that - close this thread and start over - because its impossible to know exactly whats up.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an old saying - since its Latin - it must be very old. Caveat emptor. I will likely buy this product - but - I certainly am not foaming at the mouth to be the first to get it. So if you buy something without knowing all the answers to your questions (i.e. the people pre-ordering - without knowing specifics) - well. BTW - I like the people on both sides of this discussion - but - come on - the ad from Marine Depot is not shady or misleading - its pre-marketing.

Serious - everyone (IMHO) should calm it down a bit - Dont be the first to buy any product. Unless you want to take responsibility for any kinks that aren't yet worked out (that said - it seems (though I dont know the details) that Neptune is doing a better job with this product than the Apex 2016.

No one said the Marine Depot ad was shady. I think you're mixing up two different conversations that were happening.

Last edited:

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A suggestion to @Terence. Since this is an FAQ thread - perhaps it would be an idea/auggestion to edit the main post - to answer the questions people keep repeatedly asking - when those answers (if) become available. Because - at this point I can see why people can't read through 100 pages of stuff to get answers to their questions. (either that or point to a link on your site- where the most recent FAQ have been answered. Other than that - close this thread and start over - because its impossible to know exactly whats up.

I agree. Closing this thread and starting a new one would be a good idea. Lots of info is getting lost at this point. Would be nice to reorganize what we do know, so questions can focus on stuff we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back