Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJNTWise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I posted about Marine Depot is...I believe they are getting ready for the release on Monday or later.....But there IT guy is jumping the gun......All I got to say is I can't wait until it is released.....But sending it in for maintenance might be a pain.....Just my thoughts......

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one said the Marine Depot ad was shady. I think you're mixing up two different conversations that were happening.

Someone said 'They're at it again'...... To me that implies 'ill intent'. Even though that ad has been up since October 2018 - saying that it was 'sold out'

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so little waste that that seems overkill.
I agree it may be overkill but I always think if you are going to kill something, overkill it!

It has to get to the drain at some point and I was hoping to just dump it to my skimate vault for my skimmer and pump it from there with the gunk. Trying to automate as much as I can.

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread needs to be buried... and Neptune can open a new one once it's released.

No one is getting any helpful information out of a majority of these posts.
Amen. Just drivel and trolling. I stayed subscribed for the sole purpose that something relevant gets posted regarding the release date but I'll take my chances.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone seems to think each Retail outlet will only have 2-4 to sell of the Trident . Which will Cause Profit Resellers to Buy them up and Resell them on EBay for double to Triple the value .

Only if there are idiots out there to buy them ..... OY

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like we will need to go into a waste container if we do not have a drain in the immediate vicinity, are the Trident reagents safe for the PMUP if I want to put that in the waste container and use it as a booster pump to the drain?

I figure I’ll route spent tests to my skimmate container.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good catch, they're specifically stating to not throw away the box as it has to be sent in for routine service. What's this all about?

That is a good catch. Makes sense though. I’d been wondering how one ensures that the unit stays in calibration. I am sure details will be forthcoming. Perhaps there will be a way for the user to do calibration at home. That’d certainly be my preferred route. We shall see.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you pay attention to Trends and business. You’d already know that answer

LOL. I don’t doubt some ‘enterprising’ chap will try. Not price gouging per se, but I stand by my suggestion that anyone who actually pays 2-3x is .... well, as FG would say .... idiot is as idiot does!

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I don’t doubt some ‘enterprising’ chap will try. Not price gouging per se, but I stand by my suggestion that anyone who actually pays 2-3x is .... well, as FG would say .... idiot is as idiot does!

I 100% agree bro . But there’s no shortage of people with deep pockets who just don’t care . Would like to see all here who has been waiting get a fair share before anybody whose just tryna to make a flip . And that’s not guaranteed . I don’t have any idea what Apex is planning. I’d like to see a pre order hit though . That would give them a better idea and time frame any how as to how many is needed for release day

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it may be overkill but I always think if you are going to kill something, overkill it!

It has to get to the drain at some point and I was hoping to just dump it to my skimate vault for my skimmer and pump it from there with the gunk. Trying to automate as much as I can.
I plan on sending my waste water to my old water change bucket.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I posted about Marine Depot is...I believe they are getting ready for the release on Monday or later.....But there IT guy is jumping the gun......All I got to say is I can't wait until it is released.....But sending it in for maintenance might be a pain.....Just my thoughts......

Unless you work for marine depot, would be best to not just spread rumors :).

You know that saying about assumptions?

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I also believe something needs to be done to curb that but not really sure what they could do through the retail chain.

I 100% agree bro . But there’s no shortage of people with deep pockets who just don’t care . Would like to see all here who has been waiting get a fair share before anybody whose just tryna to make a flip . And that’s not guaranteed . I don’t have any idea what Apex is planning. I’d like to see a pre order hit though . That would give them a better idea and time frame any how as to how many is needed for release day

Would also be nice if MD/BRS would limit to 1 per address for the initial batch.

Last edited:

Fisk and chips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just doing some research on marinedepot and was not able to find it then found it. It says it’s 599.95! Maybe this week!?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good catch. Makes sense though. I’d been wondering how one ensures that the unit stays in calibration. I am sure details will be forthcoming. Perhaps there will be a way for the user to do calibration at home. That’d certainly be my preferred route. We shall see.

It can be calibrated at home. After the update the other day, you can see see Trident Calibration on your available Task list.

That said: I'd imagine the "routine servicing" has something to do with long-term calibration accuracy. Who knows though... Hopefully we'll hear soon.

Last edited:

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think how you will feel when it is finally released and when you get that phrase your order is complete
And you know its on its way to your door step
Been a long time coming and we all have been waiting for this amazing tool neptune has been working on
Hopefully the trident will help us all get that reef tank we have been dreaming about
Hang in there folks.....

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully its not something we have to send in regularly for maintenance. I work with medical equipment and some new equipment will have a note on the manual to save the box in case it needs to be sent in. Not because it needs to be sent in regularly but because the item is very sensitive and the box was specially designed to keep it safe during shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back