OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The work they do to keep our aquariums in shape. I love them!
They are fascinating creatures and everything in the tank will wow me. Just watching how the life interacts and the effect of one thing on another blows my mind. We share something in common, 'Doug'

:D

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad I didn't know more bug lovers. Seems to be rare in all trades. Sounds like Eve was an amazing person.
I hope your aips never come back!
Thanks so much. I hope so too. Haven't seen the nudibranchs since I introduced them. We'll see She was an awesome person. Her name was Corygirl here on Reef2reef

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I see where all that DI water is going! Glad things are going better for you, can't wait to see this tank when you finish scaping. I am leaning towards breaking up rock and gluing up my own scape as well for my next tank. I should buy some rock this weekend... That could be a good excuse for the next tank, I'll need somewhere to stack all the rock..

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's addicting... my girls are the best and I remarried and my present wife is as much into this as Eve was. She went to Reefapalooza with me and to Aquashella. I can't complain. I stopped by Reef2reef booth and shook hands with the Rev. All good

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A2CD96B1-B427-498E-88CB-68A9C0C988C0.jpeg
It’s soaking in bleach
Having second thoughts about this rock. It's dense and not like what I'm used to as reef rock. Not sure I want to chance it

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I see where all that DI water is going! Glad things are going better for you, can't wait to see this tank when you finish scaping. I am leaning towards breaking up rock and gluing up my own scape as well for my next tank. I should buy some rock this weekend... That could be a good excuse for the next tank, I'll need somewhere to stack all the rock..
Thats my next project. Trying to get ideas on how to aquascape. I'm a pro at the Great Wall of China build. Other than that....

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks great, better than I could have done, I would have just bought one instead of trying.

Can you slide the kessils on those on the mounts in case you need to adjust your lighting positions or are they stuck in those spots?

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks great, better than I could have done, I would have just bought one instead of trying.

Can you slide the kessils on those on the mounts in case you need to adjust your lighting positions or are they stuck in those spots?
They slide to where you like easily. It’s an extra ecotech rail that I had laying around.
I drilled it for the hanging wires and just ran 4 8M machine screw bolts in the existing groove and put nuts on the bottom to hold the mount.
The actual mounts are aluminum bar cut to length and I used the hanger holes on the Kessil’s as support
The bar is supported with three hanger screws I had in my junk drawer from my Razors
Didn’t like the lights dangling on the wires so I came up with this.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

So I watched every video on YouTube and read every post on Reef2Reef on aquascaping then I went to work
I now have so much glue on my hands I may need to go to the ER to have it removed
My daughter decides to help
After I explained that it must look natural she makes the tower with the eye of sauron in LORD OF THE RINGS

Just shoot me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 30

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back