zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gimme Leppelin. Com'mon an branch!

I'm really impressed by how much growing some of those have done in just over a month.

And I think we're going to find the wt* and gonzo's are the same; your before picture looks soooo similar to what I have. Excited for that.

The PC Rainbow was surprising -- I wouldn't have thought it grew without the before/after pictures. How quickly the color rebounded on most was what impressed me.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the WT* and gonzo are the same. Assuming they don't die, time will tell.

Thanks, me too! :)

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures as always. You have so much vacant coral real estate now. It must be very difficult to contain yourself from constantly shopping for livestock 24/7.
JP

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures as always. You have so much vacant coral real estate now. It must be very difficult to contain yourself from constantly shopping for livestock 24/7.
JP

Thank you!

There's a lot of window shopping going on while I wait for the algae to die back.

Wow, LOVE the RR Led Zeppelin

Me too! Seems that once they get nice and encrusted--like it is now--they start to take off. Fingers crossed.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous photos and tank! I especially enjoyed the macro hammer photo!

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zibba,

Just checking in on the build - looks great so far, but sorry to read of some of the troubles. It seems like no matter how hard you plan and how diligent you are in executing in this hobby, something always goes wrong.

Family and I are just finally settled in NYC and I have placed an order for a new tank. Going back to Elos with a system 70 and a Royal Exclusiv dreambox sump build. This time I will do an anemone centered tank with SPS back up. I still am jealous to follow your build - but love where you are headed with it.

Keep well, and watch out for that strange rare "fish" occurrence of going from single, to mated pair, to spawning, to etc... :) That takes a bit away from the hobby.

Best,
CMB

Sprink669

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome looking tank!
are you running the whites at 20% and blue/royal at 80%
I have the sol blue and thinking of upgrading

Vermont05452

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Elos tanks.

Zibba,

Just checking in on the build - looks great so far, but sorry to read of some of the troubles. It seems like no matter how hard you plan and how diligent you are in executing in this hobby, something always goes wrong.

Family and I are just finally settled in NYC and I have placed an order for a new tank. Going back to Elos with a system 70 and a Royal Exclusiv dreambox sump build. This time I will do an anemone centered tank with SPS back up. I still am jealous to follow your build - but love where you are headed with it.

Keep well, and watch out for that strange rare "fish" occurrence of going from single, to mated pair, to spawning, to etc... :) That takes a bit away from the hobby.

Best,
CMB

Love the Elos tanks. Please post som picks when it's up. I shopping the Elos 120XL. May be a pipe dream with how much it is.
Who or where you getting the Elos tank from? Doesn't seam to many on line options to shop them.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, it's been too long since I've responded.

Gorgeous photos and tank! I especially enjoyed the macro hammer photo!

Thank you! I really liked how that one turned out too. We went on vacation and came back to a dying splatter hammer and couldn't save it after trying to move it a few times. :( The yellow hammer is still doing fine.

Awesome aquascape. Did a great job on it. Love your collection of coral so far. Can't wait to see them as colonies.

Thanks! Still a work in progress and I'm hoping to make a lot more of it this weekend. It's time to cut some corals from the old rock and get the mounted. I added some more sand last night and it appears that we're winning the algae battle.

beautiful tank!

I appreciate the compliment! Thanks for stopping in.

Zibba,

Best,
CMB

Siasl, thanks for checking in! I'm really happy to hear that you're settling in and that you're getting an Elos. Excellent system and hopefully fits the space a bit better than this monster. Start a thread so we can follow along!

The troubles with the tank weren't entirely unexpected; however, I do think some could have been avoided. For one, getting the QT set-up is a top priority and something that I should have done first. There's only so much time in a day though, as I know you know.

I keep pushing back the "M" word -- even though I know we're heading that direction eventually. Neither of us are going anywhere and I'm not in a hurry to get married or have kids. One day....

Keep me posted either one R2R or via email!

Everything is looking sweet!!!

Hey, thank you! :) And, thanks for popping by.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a full weekend ahead of me with tank projects, which I'll try to document along the way. In between yesterday's water change, right before adding some more sand and after mounting some corals, I took a few coral shots that I wanted to share:

New maricultured piece:
MariBon by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

ORA Hawkins by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Still battling a little algae, which you can see is gassing off in the picture:
Pink Milli by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

WWC What the ? by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Strawberry Short Cake by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Red Planet by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Grapejuice Acro by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Love this piece:
RR USA The Phuong by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Another new addition:
JF Fire Cracker by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

These two need to be moved, on tap this weekend:
Oregon Tort & RR USA Unknown by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Tyree Undata by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

The color on this piece changes so much depending on the color of the LEDs, more yellow under blues, more green under full spectrum.
WWC Firefly by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Growth!!!

Sept. 2:
PC Rainbow by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Oct. 13:
PC Rainbow acro (from WWC) by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Nov. 5:
PC Rainbow Acro (from WWC) by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stuff! I need more acros....

Gracias amigo! Acros are doing pretty well right now. Things are starting to settle in. Battling a bit of cyano on some rocks and it's also causing some clumping in the new sand. Hopefully the bacteria levels will work itself out.

what % are you running your lights and how far above the water.
thanks

If you're using AI Director, you can access the lighting schedule file through my dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wv9tswtcn11vg3/A.G.E. 450 (11.7.2014).aip?dl=0

The lights run about 10" off the water -- maybe 12-14".

Below is the lighting schedule.

Lighting Schedule.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 72 51.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back