OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you how bummed out I am to report this, but the entire anthias trio in the envision died over the last two days. I found the small female yesterday, the medium female today and the male tonight. I'm shocked, disappointed that I couldn't keep my favorite fish alive, and, worse yet, that took them from their natural habitat where they could have lived a longer life. I understand that it's part of the hobby but I take personal pride in trying to give all of my fish a good home.

The three fish were all eating a mix of mysis and nutrimar ova, the temperature in the tank averaged 77-78 and all appeared otherwise healthy during the day. I don't know what to say.

At this point, there's still one male left in the ADA. Again, he seems to be doing just fine: eating and swimming like a champ. After the last few deaths, my confidence is at an all time low that he'll make it.

Going to take a break from adding any fish for awhile.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss friend, hate to lose a fish, especially when you have no clue what happened. Do you think it was internal parasites? I read through your thread, but not sure if you QT'd the anthias? Hang in there though, you are great reefer and take very good care of your animals, so don't beat yourself up!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss friend, hate to lose a fish, especially when you have no clue what happened. Do you think it was internal parasites? I read through your thread, but not sure if you QT'd the anthias? Hang in there though, you are great reefer and take very good care of your animals, so don't beat yourself up!

It's very difficult to say what caused them to die but based on some other conversations, I think it may have been a collection issue. They were in the LFS's qt (not sure how long, they said a month, but with the rapid death it's difficult to say). I gave them a prazi bath while acclimating but otherwise they went straight into the tank. While I'm a believer in QT, something tells me they wouldn't have fared any better in my QT in this instance.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, anthias can be tricky and usually don't fare well in QT's. Shame though, such beautiful specimens. Well, again, sorry for your loss man, wish there was something I could say to relieve the pain, but I know exactly how you feel. You still have some amazing tanks and all will be better soon!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about your losses! :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An updated video of the ADA -- best viewed in HQ rez:

[video=youtube;qYWSFMuyz-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWSFMuyz-E[/video]

Great video and love the song!! LOL!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, anthias can be tricky and usually don't fare well in QT's. Shame though, such beautiful specimens. Well, again, sorry for your loss man, wish there was something I could say to relieve the pain, but I know exactly how you feel. You still have some amazing tanks and all will be better soon!!

WOOT! I got my first starfish, that should make you feel better!! ;)

Thanks for the support. Awesome on the starfish addition! Makes me feel better! :)

Sorry about your losses! :(

Great video and love the song!! LOL!

Still shocked about it all but thank you for your condolences. Haha, the song is entirely unrelated to reefing and doesn't mix well with the video but it's Johnny Cash, what's not to love!?!

Reeflogic