OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i haven't had nearly as much time as i would like to get it going. i got the equipment set up but i still need to paint the back and then do the plumbing. once thats done i'll get it aquascaped and it will be ready for water. maybe this weekend i can get it done. i'll post some pics when the plumbing is done.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I finally got a little bit of work done on the tank. I got the lights hung and programmed(4 AI Vega Colors) and I got the two back sides painted black. Now to get the wiring cleaned up and the plumbing done. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong bulkheads so I am going to have to wait on some more to come in (unless Bill has some schedule 40 at his shop). Here are a few picks.
All lights at 85%
DSC04961_zps1d719776.jpg

Just the whites
DSC04967_zps82c9f75a.jpg

Just the reds
DSC04965_zpse3896c70.jpg

Just the greens
DSC04964_zps8a8396af.jpg

Just the cool blues
DSC04969_zpse43e649a.jpg

Just the deep blues
DSC04966_zps4aac4ba3.jpg

Just the royal blues
DSC04968_zps9be5e562.jpg

and finally a bigger view of the tank so far.
DSC04960_zps2e90517f.jpg

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking about the stand and was wondering if I need to paint or stain the inside of the stand. What do you all think? I really don't want to do it because I'm being lazy but I need to do it now before plumbing and wiring are done.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to put a piece of plywood on the top of the stand to help support the tank? I wasn't planning on it but have seen some others doing it.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my tank is not ready yet but my QT has been sitting there doing nothing and I had a gift card to Wet Pets that I got for Christmas a year ago. I stopped by there to pick up the correct bulk heads and saw these guys and had to have them.
The snowflake is a Black Ice and the other is called a Tangerine Clown. I have never seen the Tangerine before and thought it was cool. Here is a pick of the pair in the QT getting along well.
DSC04972_zps0a336f88-1_zpsdcb3e269.jpg

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks dragon. Gonna get a sheet of plywood to go on top of the stand. Hopefully I'll get the plumbing done this weekend and maybe the rock scape if I have time.

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW..... love those lights. i'm thinking of upgrading mine at some point in time. i want the full spectrum. those are some sick clowns. wish i could have afford the pair of blacker ice clowns when the lfs had some in. cant wait to see some water in her. looks great.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks 5dimes. Hopefully I will have more to post this weekend.

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good. Im gonna tag along for this :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I finally got some time and some motivation this weekend and got all of the plumbing and wiring done. Here are some pics of the progress.
DSC05051_zpsf677c8a3.jpg

DSC05050_zpsd17e31db.jpg

DSC05049_zps7013cf3e.jpg

DSC05048_zps7652929d.jpg

DSC05047_zps10921b17.jpg

I can't believe how many trips I had to make to Lowe's or Home Depot to finally get all the right pieces I needed. I have so much stuff left over that I bought and didn't need.
The wiring could be a little neater but for now I am happy with it. I plan on adding an Apex controller and a Bubble Magus dosing system so some rearranging may have to be done at that time. Now I just need to do the aquascaape and make sure the plumbing holds water and then I can finally get it wet and start the cycle.

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im liking it. Seen you also skinned it and have doors on? Seems you have made alot of progress. What is the black box for? Im guessing its a chiller? Im also wondering how tall is your stand.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea just the back sides are skinned so far. The black box is a backup power supply. It should run the essentials for maybe 30 minutes if we lose power. Just enough time to get a generator running. I don't have the generator yet but it will be coming soon. I think I have given up on the ideal of making the stand look like it was built as part of the wall. I figure I will probably need to get behind the tank from time to time and wouldn't be able to move it away from the wall if I did that. I do still plan on painting it to match the wall and trim colors of the house though.

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cube tank also but on a smaller scale at 30G. Looking at other aquascaping for similar tanks I really enjoyed the multi-tiered ledges and rock formations which wrapped around from the back, side to front . Mine is still a work in progress but so far things are coming along the way I envisioned.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a tank build thread yet Tek? If not start one here on our local forum. I will try to post some pics of what I am working on tonight. I have some pics of my old 29g biocube on here under a thread called jedidad's mindtrick if you would like to see how I scaped it. I liked the way it looked but it didn't give me much room in the sand for corals but had lots of rock. Something like 60lbs if rock in there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back