☆☆ - Fall 2023 Grow-out Contest - Vote for yours today!!! ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fall 2023 Grow-Out Contenders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer

I sent Adam a message asking about the contest but he missed the part about if I should hold off on my current order that we had talked about shipping this week.

Is there a entrance fee? are you just buying a frag ?

I was going to have him hold of on my current order to save on shipping but not sure how this all works is it posted somewhere ?
thanks
There is an entrance fee, and it's more than buying a frag. It covers prize support and all the goodies you get with the entry. If you have a pending order, shipping can be combined with it, but EMAIL Adam. PMs are so easy to lose on R2R.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an entrance fee, and it's more than buying a frag. It covers prize support and all the goodies you get with the entry. If you have a pending order, shipping can be combined with it, but EMAIL Adam. PMs are so easy to lose on R2R.
Ok cool appreciate it, im sure it gets confusing for Adam, ,,,me sending a PM on here and then sending him a email from my personal account.
Ill stick to emalis from now on.
Thanks!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok cool appreciate it, im sure it gets confusing for Adam, ,,,me sending a PM on here and then sending him a email from my personal account.
Ill stick to emalis from now on.
Thanks!
Very true these days email or text is by far the most reliable way to get a hold of me but I pop into my Reef to read inbox as often as I can as well. You are right, though it can get a little confusing, trying to distinguish between real names, user names and email addresses when it comes to multiple communication platforms.

But feel free to use any of these. I will always be able to connect the dots at some point.:)

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the interest of shipping, time constraints, and for the health of your contest corals, we will be opening entries tomorrow on Saturday September 23rd. This is to prevent the shipping windows from dragging too far into the colder times of the year. Please! Get your votes in! Let us know what YOU want to grow out.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voting will close at Midnight, September 23rd.

If you want to see a specific coral grown out, or if you just want to vote, because voting is fun, get them votes in!!!

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Olivia Benson Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Wonder Woman Love GIF by Max

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
although I do really like Adam's idea of an easier sps contest. it opens the door to those on a tighter budget (me), less experience (also me), and busier schedules (me a third time).

or perhaps a bargain box contest. grow a whole reef in a year with fast easy sps.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
although I do really like Adam's idea of an easier sps contest. it opens the door to those on a tighter budget (me), less experience (also me), and busier schedules (me a third time).

or perhaps a bargain box contest. grow a whole reef in a year with fast easy sps.
I second this also. I doubt many of us newish (less than 10 years in) can compete with the super experienced reefers with high budget systems that we see on here when it comes to growing acros quickly.

Its like entering your Toyota Rav4 in a track day open class race.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this also. I doubt many of us newish (less than 10 years in) can compete with the super experienced reefers with high budget systems that we see on here when it comes to growing acros quickly.

Ive had saltwater tank since I was in high school, really only reefing for last 15 years. Only in last couple years did I quit killing everything and only this year have I been confident that when I buy a frag and it dies it not me its them :)
For me that corner came to buying a doser ,reading allot more on here and oddly enough not doing water changes all the time. I was just kinda stuck in my old ways. Point I was trying to make is experience does not mean you know what your doing lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Poppycock and nonsense. Stability and attention to detail win these. Some of these corals are so hardy you could grow them in a mason jar on the windowsill as long as you do regular water changes.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poppycock and nonsense. Stability and attention to detail win these. Some of these corals are so hardy you could grow them in a mason jar on the windowsill as long as you do regular water changes.
I might try that with a spongodes frag. shake it daily and change the water weekly...

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have Adam post pic of Pearly Cadaver he did recently on Instagram! So much better than pic on this post@StatelineReefer

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back