20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I chose reef keeping, horse ownership, freshwater aquariums, and a bunch of dogs....
My wife wants horses. But not till the boys old enough to help keep it
 
Idk if it works right. Facebook always plays different videos, so if it's not a video about finding cheaper hobbies and being responsible then ignore it :face-with-monocle:
Sorry, I don't have Facebook
 
Anyone got any experience with bengali cardinalfish? Idk what reading i got messed up but I thought a could keep as many as I wanted (like a pajama) but turns out I was wrong. So, I have two coming on Friday, and I didn't specify a "bonded pair" so who knows what genders. That said I have 120g tank, what are the odds they can either bond, or at the very least find their own separate areas in a 120g tank and I don't have to try and catch one later?
Yes. It will work until it doesn't. If you can add 3 or 4 more it might help but if you end up with a male and female you'll likely get to see some mating.

My PJs mate frequently but I ended up with 3 males and a female so I get frequent aggression in a 3' tank.
 
How do you know they are on?! Everyday out of the blue :grinning-face-with-sweat:
They are on the other side of the world and are waking up when we are going to bed.
 
Yes. It will work until it doesn't. If you can add 3 or 4 more it might help but if you end up with a male and female you'll likely get to see some mating.

My PJs mate frequently but I ended up with 3 males and a female so I get frequent aggression in a 3' tank.
Should I wait to add my new fish till i get more?

Can you see a physical difference between make and female?
 
This is my pretty boy he's a Tennessee Walking Horse.
1000008965.jpg
My cousin actually has a horse uh.. dealership? Sells a kinds of horses. So one day I'll hopefully get her to keep and eye out for a nice one for the wife.
 
They are on the other side of the world and are waking up when we are going to bed.
Is this why I see their future posts as tomorrow? Or are able to set up to send messages tomorrow?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5009.jpeg
    IMG_5009.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 23
Shining Jack Nicholson GIF
Well....
Kevin never showed up this morning...
20250105_061908.jpg
Had to make these by myself... :crying-face:
Sorry Joel, roads were so bad I went into a ditch and a snow plow came by and covered my car. The car battery went out an hour ago and my phone is about to die. I probably won’t be found until spring. It is soooooo cold! This might be my last post and again I’m sorry to let you down on my first day of work!
 
Am I right that occasionally the clean up crew members need to be replaced? I started out with a package from reef cleaners for 100 gallon tank but it doesn't seem like I have as many as I use to.
 
Am I right that occasionally the clean up crew members need to be replaced? I started out with a package from reef cleaners for 100 gallon tank but it doesn't seem like I have as many as I use to.
Typically I think so.
 
My cousin actually has a horse uh.. dealership? Sells a kinds of horses. So one day I'll hopefully get her to keep and eye out for a nice one for the wife.
We call them horse traders or dealers in the equine world.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new