20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
We had a place like this near where I grew up in California.
It's called Oakland.
This is why I generally avoid larger cities :face-with-tears-of-joy: I have 41 acres out in the woods and live off private dead end dirt road. Still only 15 minutes from town but very quiet and feels really rural.
 
I have a place we always go to and they do an awesome job. My dogs are spoiled.
So are mine. At doggie school, I brought cheaper treats, and they wouldn't do a thing. They made me buy there normal, expensive freeze dried chicken treats :oops:
 
So are mine. At doggie school, I brought cheaper treats, and they wouldn't do a thing. They made me buy there normal, expensive freeze dried chicken treats :oops:
Yea I knkw the ones your talking about!
 
Ok...

Suzi is Orchid
Mike is Noreaster
Luis is Luis
Kevin is Kev
Jill is Smitten
Paul is Bubbles
Parker is Reef Devils
Will is Fishy Guy
Walker is Walker
Lin is Linlox
I'm tbrown
Amanda is Calm
Remi is Remi
Xunhe is John Doe

Who'd I forget???
Lowell is Lowell some days...
 
Will the branching gsp take over like regular gsp can? I have tried Google but haven't found any information.
Im not 100% as I'm what some would refer to as a "noob" or a "greenhorn" but my impression is that GSP is GSP no matter the variety.
 
I think Broken is Dan... Probably not but maybe?
Hes broken? I got some power tools and stuff, can probably fix'em up!
 
Are any of you Carolina people coming to The Aquatic Expo at the end of the month?
This is my 3rd year flying down as a volunteer. I am the entirety of the Carolina Reefing Community's NJ chapter.
 
Are any of you Carolina people coming to The Aquatic Expo at the end of the month?
This is my 3rd year flying down as a volunteer. I am the entirety of the Carolina Reefing Community's NJ chapter.
I want to go to an expo of some kind soon but I don't fly :face-with-rolling-eyes: and maines the wrong area to live to be involved with those kinds of activities..
 
Are any of you Carolina people coming to The Aquatic Expo at the end of the month?
This is my 3rd year flying down as a volunteer. I am the entirety of the Carolina Reefing Community's NJ chapter.
Where is it at?
 
I want to go to an expo of some kind soon but I don't fly :face-with-rolling-eyes: and maines the wrong area to live to be involved with those kinds of activities..
Road trip...
Road Trip Summer GIF by @SummerBreak
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new