20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
We do "Second Sunday" at our church every month. Pizza tomorrow!
 
Is the celery in your chilli I won’t judge just never seen that before we take our chilli very seriously and my father in law thinks beans don’t belong in chilli so I have to make a special batch for him
Pretty sure Kevin's is just beef soup. Your Father-in-law's sounds like he prefers sloppy joes.
 
Ok smorgasbord family I need some help. I introduced a chestnut turbo snail, tux urchin, top crown snail 3 trochus snails and a strawberry conch. While I was doing this my rock fell over and caused a very bad cloud of sand and other stuff into the water. This caused the whole tank to become cloudy, when that happened I switched my filter out and turned it up a bit. However all my fish are now hiding and something dosent feel right. The fish all seem to be breathing normally but I can't tell.
@kingranch2003 @00W @kevgib67
@tbrown
did you ever "rinse" your sand? just wondering if the cloud is the finer particulates. I have no idea what I'm really doing but I drop in a bag of chemipure blue every 6 months. A small bag of phosguard if you see brown algae. but yea, turn off the wave and the sand will settle but that's been mentioned.
 
Is the celery in your chilli I won’t judge just never seen that before we take our chilli very seriously and my father in law thinks beans don’t belong in chilli so I have to make a special batch for him
Is he from Texas, chili is not chili without beans, at least to us Yankees. Yes celery, it’s included in the Bodacious chili recipe. The best chili I’ve ever had.
F1A495FA-660A-426E-967D-A89CE11B715F.png
885A1C05-4B0A-4A16-BC98-7FCCE66C92BF.png
 
don't see any birds nest though :zany-face:
1000006434.jpg

Look behind the yellow leucoxanthus wrasse and look in the upper right...? Also the plain Jane Green Kevin is under and to the left of the beautiful blue one
 
Is he from Texas, chili is not chili without beans, at least to us Yankees. Yes celery, it’s included in the Bodacious chili recipe. The best chili I’ve ever had.
F1A495FA-660A-426E-967D-A89CE11B715F.png
885A1C05-4B0A-4A16-BC98-7FCCE66C92BF.png
My thoughts on chili is beans yes, but celery I'm not so sure about but then again why not. LOL
 
Is he from Texas, chili is not chili without beans, at least to us Yankees. Yes celery, it’s included in the Bodacious chili recipe. The best chili I’ve ever had.
F1A495FA-660A-426E-967D-A89CE11B715F.png
885A1C05-4B0A-4A16-BC98-7FCCE66C92BF.png
I think beans are your number one fan. the meat is really the extra right? I think celery just adds texture. one day I'm hoping I will work for Joel. though my problem is trying to have everything done at the same time. and trying to make things out of the food. like snowmen made from tofu. better than seeing just a slab.
 
1000006434.jpg

Look behind the yellow leucoxanthus wrasse and look in the upper right...? Also the plain Jane Green Kevin is under and to the left of the beautiful blue one
ok. I thought that was an anenome at first glance. where did we find these fluorescent glow pots? I see a green and a pink in the sand in the middle. haven't come across those yet.
 
ok. I thought that was an anenome at first glance. where did we find these fluorescent glow pots? I see a green and a pink in the sand in the middle. haven't come across those yet.
I found those on my printer. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
ok. I thought that was an anenome at first glance. where did we find these fluorescent glow pots? I see a green and a pink in the sand in the middle. haven't come across those yet.
My Anemone is in the top left behind the frag rack. It hangs out under the Plank feeder
 
My thoughts on chili is beans yes, but celery I'm not so sure about but then again why not. LOL
I think the type of beans is plus too. navy, black, pinto, kidney, garbanzo etc...not a big fan of black. next time I was thinking to add extra liquid then drop some bread in at the end to soak it out. cooks so much better with the liquid.
 
My thoughts on chili is beans yes, but celery I'm not so sure about but then again why not. LOL
I’m sure the Cooks up to nothing probably but yes not sure how I feel about it either
 
I found those on my printer. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
they look cool. A friend printed me sets of the urchin hats. was thinking they'd look cool with fluorescent colors for the glow effect. might have to get a 3d printer this year. I gave my kid a 3d pen but its hard to keep some shapes.
 
they look cool. A friend printed me sets of the urchin hats. was thinking they'd look cool with fluorescent colors for the glow effect. might have to get a 3d printer this year. I gave my kid a 3d pen but its hard to keep some shapes.
I used the Parlaquatics frag holder on Thingiverse (that's Projects with Sam on here). He also sells them on his site but a slightly newer design. He's not currently printing right now - building a Heman Woman Haters Club Shed (IYKYK - that's If You Know You Know, Kevin, keep up please) to move his printers into.
 
My Anemone is in the top left behind the frag rack. It hangs out under the Plank feeder
pending the snow fall tomorrow maybe I will pickup a RBT. The puffer seems to be leaving the alveopora (flower pot) alone.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new