20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Pickleballed this morning, came home and hooked up and loaded the trailer, went to my in-laws for more metal, took a bunch of scrap to the scrap yard with my daughter - she made almost $200! Got home and sold an anemone and a Setosa and a couple of Kevin tips that broke off. Went and fueled the truck and stopped by my parents house for 30 minutes or so and just got home. I'm good and alive and tired.
I just bought a Kevin frag from a young lady today, her father looked really mean!
18EA73B2-48C8-475D-ABF4-BC1E540ED001.jpeg
 
Ok smorgasbord family I need some help. I introduced a chestnut turbo snail, tux urchin, top crown snail 3 trochus snails and a strawberry conch. While I was doing this my rock fell over and caused a very bad cloud of sand and other stuff into the water. This caused the whole tank to become cloudy, when that happened I switched my filter out and turned it up a bit. However all my fish are now hiding and something dosent feel right. The fish all seem to be breathing normally but I can't tell.
@kingranch2003 @00W @kevgib67
@tbrown
 
Last edited:
Ok smorgasbord family I need some help. I introduced a chestnut turbo snail, tux urchin, top crown snail 3 trochus snails and a strawberry conch. While I was doing this my rock fell over and caused a very bad cloud of sand and other stuff into the water. This caused the whole tank to become cloudy, when that happened I switched my filter out and turned it up a bit. However all my fish are now hiding and something dosent feel right. The fish all seem to be breathing normally but I can't tell.
@kingranch2003 @00W @kevgib67
@tbrown
I think your fine. I would turn off the pump and wave maker to allow the sand settle quicker.
 
I think your fine. I would turn off the pump and wave maker to allow the sand settle quicker.
Alright. I have no GAC, could that be a problem? Also p04 is at .13 when should I expect algae die off?
 
Ok smorgasbord family I need some help. I introduced a chestnut turbo snail, tux urchin, top crown snail 3 trochus snails and a strawberry conch. While I was doing this my rock fell over and caused a very bad cloud of sand and other stuff into the water. This caused the whole tank to become cloudy, when that happened I switched my filter out and turned it up a bit. However all my fish are now hiding and something dosent feel right. The fish all seem to be breathing normally but I can't tell.
@kingranch2003 @00W @kevgib67
@tbrown
Just check for ammonia. Otherwise, everything will just settle down again, just like it used to be
 
Do you guys think I should still do the cheato fuge? Phosbond is working but I haven't tried nitrates in a while. Asked my mom to order a Hanna for it still awaiting a response. I feel like if I do cheato I can handle both at the same time.
 
Alright. I have no GAC, could that be a problem? Also p04 is at .13 when should I expect algae die off?
GAC? Well your phosphate is getting much better but it’s not the only contributing factor. My phosphate has been running at .25 for as long as I can remember. Parker is a year older than you and was on here all the time this time last year asking the same questions you’ve been asking. He came out the other side, you will to, and look how beautiful his tank is.
FE1B632B-15E3-47A4-8CF1-BC80CAD58167.jpeg
 
GAC? Well your phosphate is getting much better but it’s not the only contributing factor. My phosphate has been running at .25 for as long as I can remember. Parker is a year older than you and was on here all the time this time last year asking the same questions you’ve been asking. He came out the other side, you will to, and look how beautiful his tank is.
FE1B632B-15E3-47A4-8CF1-BC80CAD58167.jpeg
GAC is carbon. Granular (Granulated) Activated Carbon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new