20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Just heard a weird gurgling noise from my aquarium. I'm like WHAT WAS THAT? My daughter says, "It's from the game." Me: "Oh, that was the speaker."
 

Attachments

  • 20250208_132912.jpg
    20250208_132912.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 48
  • 20250208_133102.jpg
    20250208_133102.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 41
No my lemon tree hasn’t grown a single lime, orange or apple yet! :angry-face: That’s my go to outside beer, so refreshing on a hot day!
When I use to drink the only beer I like was this one with lots of salt and lime and XX Amber.
 
When I use to drink the only beer I like was this one with lots of salt and lime and XX Amber.
With the last beer you listed you’ve suddenly become the most interesting person on the Smorgasbord! ;)
 
I think I want one of these someday
Looks for the Bizzaro instead. meteor Shower is nice but they tend to go more green or brown in our tanks. Bizzaro is purple with pink/red polyps. The flesh can turn more blue sometimes in our tanks but with the red/pink it's gorgeous!
 
I still don't know where to place mine lol
On the rockwork....

Mine is about midway up the rock work in partial shade. Slow grower.
 
I need me a new fish. What do you think of a Mandarin in a 25? Otherwise would like to find a clown goby, possibly.
I'm thinking once I get a good set of pods and Phyto brewing I might do a Mandarin and a Clown Goby in my new 8 gallon... With a pair of Clowns?
 
I think you were involved in almost all the topics,
although you missed out when Kevin found out I was 26 weeks pregnant
Mike is getting an Orphek lens kit
Walker has a new member in the family, a beautiful lyretail anthia
Paul wants me to go to his house to cook
@tbrown hasn't been here today, I'm taking this post and tagging him to see if everything is okay.
Pickleballed this morning, came home and hooked up and loaded the trailer, went to my in-laws for more metal, took a bunch of scrap to the scrap yard with my daughter - she made almost $200! Got home and sold an anemone and a Setosa and a couple of Kevin tips that broke off. Went and fueled the truck and stopped by my parents house for 30 minutes or so and just got home. I'm good and alive and tired.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new