20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
As we were saying the other day.....
And those are medium sized eggs!
 

Attachments

  • 20250210_174544.jpg
    20250210_174544.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 39
Do you guys remember me telling you about going to my LFS the other day and basically being ignored by the owner? Well I thought I would try it again today because I wanted to get a few red plants for my tank at work. They have cameras and a loud bell that comes when someone comes in the door so there is no way they didn't know I was there. I looked at the fish and plants and even looked at the aquariums for sale as well as the reptiles and vivariums I was there a good 15 minutes and no one bothered to come out of the office to ask if I needed help or anything. So I just left after I got into my car I seen the owner look out the window but then it was like he was hiding behind the huge sign on the window and looking out around it.
 
This weekends forecast here! Seriously? it's only 4 days away. :pleading-face:

Weather.gov “Another system could bring a wintry mix of precipitation Sat night into Sunday”
Weather.com 8-12" (3-5 sat night, 5-8 Sunday , 1-3 Sunday night)
Wunderground 11.7"
accuweather 3" (.6” Sat night, 1.8” Sunday, Sunday afternoon .6”)
 
Do you guys remember me telling you about going to my LFS the other day and basically being ignored by the owner? Well I thought I would try it again today because I wanted to get a few red plants for my tank at work. They have cameras and a loud bell that comes when someone comes in the door so there is no way they didn't know I was there. I looked at the fish and plants and even looked at the aquariums for sale as well as the reptiles and vivariums I was there a good 15 minutes and no one bothered to come out of the office to ask if I needed help or anything. So I just left after I got into my car I seen the owner look out the window but then it was like he was hiding behind the huge sign on the window and looking out around it.
I'm not one to turn the other cheek, don't go there anymore, you have a beautiful lfs 1 or 2 hours from your house, tell your husband to get in the car one day on the weekend, go there and have lunch somewhere in the trip
 
Do you guys remember me telling you about going to my LFS the other day and basically being ignored by the owner? Well I thought I would try it again today because I wanted to get a few red plants for my tank at work. They have cameras and a loud bell that comes when someone comes in the door so there is no way they didn't know I was there. I looked at the fish and plants and even looked at the aquariums for sale as well as the reptiles and vivariums I was there a good 15 minutes and no one bothered to come out of the office to ask if I needed help or anything. So I just left after I got into my car I seen the owner look out the window but then it was like he was hiding behind the huge sign on the window and looking out around it.
I agree with @luis angel on this. There are LFSs that unfortunately don't deserve our business.

My current favorite LFS, and the one I go to the most often, is also one of the furthest away. It is run by a couple, probably in their 30s, that are only open four days a week but they get to know their customers, they are friendly, have realistic (read middle of the pack) pricing and genuinely appreciate the business, and they have two adorable dogs that like to hang out in the store.
 
I'm not one to turn the other cheek, don't go there anymore, you have a beautiful lfs 1 or 2 hours from your house, tell your husband to get in the car one day on the weekend, go there and have lunch somewhere in the trip
As much as I would rather support a local business I will not be supporting his anymore. I will either make a drive or just order online.
 
Grown your own!!
IMG_1576.jpeg
I had thought about that a few times. but with the bird flu going around I wouldn't want to attempt it now. Just saw some dairy worker contracted it from cows out in Nevada.
 
Almost 2 years since I last went fishing, I miss fishing a lot, I was born in a fishing town in Cuba
It gets in your blood and becomes a part of who you are. I totally understand
 
I had thought about that a few times. but with the bird flu going around I wouldn't want to attempt it now. Just saw some dairy worker contracted it from cows out in Nevada.
Bird flu from cows? Who is making these rules?!
Oh Come On GIF
 
My last turbo snail is doing great and actually moved across the tank. I think he's fully recovered. Conch disappeared most likely under the sand or rock, and the urchin has moved on rocks and glass, I placed him on the rocks just now hoping he will get to work!
 
That's a strong welcome squad right there!!
Wasn’t there some jerk on there that suggested reefing just wasn’t for you and you should take up gardening instead? What nerve! They should be kicked off R2R!
 
It gets in your blood and becomes a part of who you are. I totally understand
Speaking of that, I also discovered why I love beer so much, it's part of me too :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:
20170109_115341.jpg
 
@luis angel Remember when we were talking about snook and you shared the picture of you with the huge snook? I was telling you how I'd never seen one caught over here. Just a couple days later, my friend caught one almost in my backyard. It was a juvenile, but he caught it in brackish water. I'm hoping this is a good sign. My house is the red circle
Screenshot_20250211_133510_Gallery.jpg
 
Wasn’t there some jerk on there that suggested reefing just wasn’t for you and you should take up gardening instead? What nerve! They should be kicked off R2R!
That guy is not a jerk! He's right, gardening is rewarding and can result in self sustainability! He is coy about his birdsnest frags though.
 
Speaking of that, I also discovered why I love beer so much, it's part of me too :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:
20170109_115341.jpg
Lolol that is a super cool pic brother
 
@luis angel Remember when we were talking about snook and you shared the picture of you with the huge snook? I was telling you how I'd never seen one caught over here. Just a couple days later, my friend caught one almost in my backyard. It was a juvenile, but he caught it in brackish water. I'm hoping this is a good sign. My house is the red circle
Screenshot_20250211_133510_Gallery.jpg
That's awesone, there are so many regulations for that fish here, is it the same there?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new