20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
The one on the right is the one that came from the mushroom rock that Tim recommend me where to put it, this photo is from 6 months ago
PSX_20240630_235233.jpg
Love love love the purple with the green tips!!!
 
Potential stocking list:
2 clowns(Have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(Arilrive Friday let's hope they play noce)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1Sand sifting goby?
Wrasse the rest?

Thoughts? Order of acquisition suggestions? If I had everything on this list would more than one wrasse be an option? I have a 4' 120g tank.
 
Potential stocking list:
2 clowns(Have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(Arilrive Friday let's hope they play noce)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1Sand sifting goby?
Wrasse the rest?

Thoughts? Order of acquisition suggestions? If I had everything on this list would more than one wrasse be an option? I have a 4' 120g tank.
Oh I really like that pyramid butterfly i have never seen it before until I googled it. Lol
 
Potential stocking list:
2 clowns(Have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(Arilrive Friday let's hope they play noce)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1Sand sifting goby?
Wrasse the rest?

Thoughts? Order of acquisition suggestions? If I had everything on this list would more than one wrasse be an option? I have a 4' 120g tank.
I have 3 wrasses in a 36", and looking for one more, so why not maybe 4 or 5 in a 48" ;) , not expert wrasse here lol, @tbrown @JoJosReef what do you guys think?
 
Oh I really like that pyramid butterfly i have never seen it before until I googled it. Lol
It's supposed to be the only "reef safe" butterfly!
 
It grows up to 7" I think
To my knowledge they are more casual swimmers and my tank should be big enough, but I won't do more than one because it's close
 
Potential stocking list:
2 clowns(Have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(Arilrive Friday let's hope they play noce)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1Sand sifting goby?
Wrasse the rest?

Thoughts? Order of acquisition suggestions? If I had everything on this list would more than one wrasse be an option? I have a 4' 120g tank.
Utilitarian fishes: Springeri Damsel or Springeri Dottyback, Halichoeres chrysus or leucoxanthus.

You can get Fairy or Flasher wrasses or both as well.

Get yourself a couple of Leopard wrasses.

Tang? I'd say a Bristletooth of some variety - maybe a Kole.
 
Utilitarian fishes: Springeri Damsel or Springeri Dottyback, Halichoeres chrysus or leucoxanthus.

You can get Fairy or Flasher wrasses or both as well.

Get yourself a couple of Leopard wrasses.

Tang? I'd say a Bristletooth of some variety - maybe a Kole.
Is this instead of some or in addition? :thinking-face:
 
I don't even know if this would be considered a light, medium or heavy stocking list up until the wrasse.
I have H. melanurus, H. leucoxanthus, M. meleagris, Foxface, Tomini tang, 2 Springeri Damsels, 4 PJ cardinals, 3 clowns (plus 2 in the sump), 3 Chromis Starry Blenny, Neon Blue Cleaner Goby, and Citron Goby in my 70 and I consider that medium... Ok, probably heavy but still!
 
I have H. melanurus, H. leucoxanthus, M. meleagris, Foxface, Tomini tang, 2 Springeri Damsels, 4 PJ cardinals, 3 clowns (plus 2 in the sump), 3 Chromis Starry Blenny, Neon Blue Cleaner Goby, and Citron Goby in my 70 and I consider that medium... Ok, probably heavy but still!
Jeepers hahaha :eek: let's go then! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Jeepers hahaha :eek: let's go then! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Mine is probably actually very overstocked but I seem to have a decent nutrient export and everything is happy and healthy.
 
Mine is probably actually very overstocked but I seem to have a decent nutrient export and everything is happy and healthy.
Your utilitarian fish, what utility do they offer?
 
Your utilitarian fish, what utility do they offer?
Springeri are typically peaceful and eat flatworms. Halichoeres wrasses eat bristleworms and flatworms.

Tang - Bristletooth tend to be the lesser aggressive and are good algae eaters.
 
Tang - Bristletooth tend to be the lesser aggressive and are good algae eaters.
Wouldn't the foxface control most of that or do you think both of them would be suitable? I know i'll have to feed seaweed sheets either way. I just donr knlw how much of abhurting these fish would put on the algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new