20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
ok thanks tbrown. will try to keep that in mind for the future.
I did not see that thread but as Tim said, sometimes posts are removed to keep the peace.
Not saying you are much of a rabble rouser Jill. :smiling-face: ;)
 
If it makes you feel any better, I have had many posts removed and I try really hard not to be offensive or rude. The mods do a great job around here and sometimes we make it really difficult. :face-with-tears-of-joy: Keeping the peace definitely isn't easy on some threads that I've seen.
 
If it makes you feel any better, I have had many posts removed and I try really hard not to be offensive or rude. The mods do a great job around here and sometimes we make it really difficult. :face-with-tears-of-joy: Keeping the peace definitely isn't easy on some threads that I've seen.
You offend me all the time but i stifle it down deep inside.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
If it makes you feel any better, I have had many posts removed and I try really hard not to be offensive or rude. The mods do a great job around here and sometimes we make it really difficult. :face-with-tears-of-joy: Keeping the peace definitely isn't easy on some threads that I've seen.
Me too.
I've had a few removed as well.
 
So I'm doing a male adapter into the bulkhead instead of a slip fitting. Since technically I could undo the locknut and spin the bulkhead off a union directly under the bulkhead seems like it could be unnecessary, that said, I always appreciate unions when I use them. I worry it will take away esthetically? Thoughts? Trying to make sure there's no regerts this time lol
1000002921.jpg
 
So I'm doing a male adapter into the bulkhead instead of a slip fitting. Since technically I could undo the locknut and spin the bulkhead off a union directly under the bulkhead seems like it could be unnecessary, that said, I always appreciate unions when I use them. I worry it will take away esthetically? Thoughts? Trying to make sure there's no regerts this time lol
1000002921.jpg
And i am not doing sweeping bends now because I swapped to schedule 40 and could use a 60 and a 22.5 to make the same bend degrees
 
So I'm doing a male adapter into the bulkhead instead of a slip fitting. Since technically I could undo the locknut and spin the bulkhead off a union directly under the bulkhead seems like it could be unnecessary, that said, I always appreciate unions when I use them. I worry it will take away esthetically? Thoughts? Trying to make sure there's no regerts this time lol
1000002921.jpg

personally I would think heat bending PVC would make it weaker and you'd probably have to try it a few times. I'd either try a 30 elbow or just do flex with strength. I used a corrugated one outside/s,ooth inside re-inforced for my skimmer.

BTW...Check out this coraline!
IMG_5111.jpeg
 
personally I would think heat bending PVC would make it weaker and you'd probably have to try it a few times. I'd either try a 30 elbow or just do flex with strength. I used a corrugated one outside/s,ooth inside re-inforced for my skimmer.

BTW...Check out this coraline!
IMG_5111.jpeg
Yea I decided against bending. Mostly because if something doesn't work I'm stuck trying to figure out how to fix it with my tank shut down.
 
personally I would think heat bending PVC would make it weaker and you'd probably have to try it a few times. I'd either try a 30 elbow or just do flex with strength. I used a corrugated one outside/s,ooth inside re-inforced for my skimmer.

BTW...Check out this coraline!
IMG_5111.jpeg
I'm jealous of the coralline! I got green stuff.... and not the green coraline
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new