20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Who wants to give me stocking suggestions? I think I want to add a chocolate tang in honor of Jennifer and possibly one other tang but then I'm not sure what else. Here is what I currently have:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Springeri Damsel
Solar Fairy Wrasse
Tail Spot Blenny
Lawnmower Blenny
Zebra Bar Goby
Firefish Goby
Citron Clown Goby
Leopard Wrasse
Tomimi tang ( great algae eater )
Exquisite wrasse
Halichoeres chrysus
Royal gramma
 
Tomimi tang ( great algae eater )
Exquisite wrasse
Halichoeres chrysus
Royal gramma
I have read royal grammar can be jerks or am I mistaken?
 
I have read royal grammar can be jerks or am I mistaken?
Could be, but mine has been an exemplary citizen, my clownfish are more jerk than her
 
I have read royal grammar can be jerks or am I mistaken?
Because they're Dottybacks they can be but I think more often it's because the Royal Dottyback is often labeled as a Royal Gamma and the Royal Dottyback is mean.
 
Because they're Dottybacks they can be but I think more often it's because the Royal Dottyback is often labeled as a Royal Gamma and the Royal Dottyback is mean.
I have had 3 dottybacks and said never again.
All of them were mean,aggressive and aloof.
I had a sunrise.
Beautiful fish.
Spent most of it's life with it's mouth open hissing at everyone.
My clown finally got it.
Very territorial little buggers.
 
Because they're Dottybacks they can be but I think more often it's because the Royal Dottyback is often labeled as a Royal Gamma and the Royal Dottyback is mean.
Thank you!
 

Because they're Dottybacks they can be but I think more often it's because the Royal Dottyback is often labeled as a Royal Gamma and the Royal Dottyback is mean.
Truth. My Orchid Dottyback killed my Gonodactylaceus ternatensis (orange spot mantis shrimp *Murderbug*) as well as the peppermint shrimp I added to tackle the aiptasia takeover in that tank.
 
Check with @JoJosReef ... I feel like he's the most likely. Or possibly one of the Sam's.
Bermuda still on my list. If not for that whole getting sucked into a dimensional vortex, scratch that, I'm never going near Bermuda.
 
Bermuda still on my list. If not for that whole getting sucked into a dimensional vortex, scratch that, I'm never going near Bermuda.
Nope, I'll be taking a 3 hour evening tour of it in a glass bottom boat.
Honey Bees Vintage GIF
 
Although in all seriousness, when I do grow a pair and actually go to Bermuda, I plan on snorkeling all the bays as they're meant to be very accessible and just walk-in => short swim => reef. Should be amazing! Lots of pics, please!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new