20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
@Remi Sea Apples are a level above other filtering cucumbers (e.g., my yellow cuke), which are themselves a level above the sand filtering one with regards to risk of nuking your tank. Sea apples have a bad reputation. I would check with @ISpeakForTheSeas , who I think has a few posts and references on the real risk of sea apples and cukes.
Thank you for all information. I was not taking it, just I never saw it before and some of them were huge. On another note, all good in your part of California?
 
Thank you for all information. I was not taking it, just I never saw it before and some of them were huge.
They are very beautiful, which I think is why a lot of people get them without knowing fully well what the risks (might) be. I have my yellow cuke on the complete opposite side of the tank from the powerhead, and I watched it closely for the first week or so to see if the fish or anything else took an interest in bothering it. So far, so good!
 
Our snow is melting and a hermit has just lost his shell. I spotted him chilling on a chalice.

oh, that guy wouldn't last a second in my wrasse tank. I don't even have that bad species of wrasse, but they know a free meal when they see one!
 
What is this?
1000009368.jpg
a flying something. I can't think of the name. but it's along the lines of a flying dragon nudi. I don't thin it would do well in a tank. I don't think they like nitrates or phosphates. I like the purple ones.
 
a flying something. I can't think of the name. but it's along the lines of a flying dragon nudi. I don't thin it would do well in a tank. I don't think they like nitrates or phosphates. I like the purple ones.
I found the name it is a winged sea hare.
 
As a wise friend once said
We just call it Mexican Food Monday, Taco Tuesday, More Tacos Wednesday, Taco Thursday, Friday's are for Tacos, and Weekend Tacos!
Friday's are for Tacos ;)
1000126466.jpg

1000126467.jpg
1000126471.jpg
 
If it was me, Jellyfish tank... Just saying. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
the comb jellies looks so cool to watch falling asleep to. they don't live long though. I think it's like 6-8 months.
 
Getting ready to cook, by far the best, nothing comes close, hitting it out of the ballpark best chili for the game tonight and only 24 ingredients!
CD6F42A0-04DB-41F7-BA82-BB7149CAF1DA.jpeg
 
Hey northerners your weather is all over in my yard drunk and lost. Can y’all come getem out my yard please
Bless your hearts
IMG_0832.jpeg
It’s not mine, all of mine is accounted for.
6D3036BA-3411-4D80-A447-AD8CD1BC683F.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new