20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Is this from a kit or from scratch?
Very amazing!
It was a kit because of those nice curved lines those are hard to do. But lots of sanding. And all those little copper twist ties every few inches to hold it while the epoxy fillets get placed then they fiber glass over it, then remove, sand etc….its a Maine peapod sailboat. One of my bucket lists.
 
The other thing is if you took just that one out or trimmed it, it may alter the flow around on the other side to otger corals. I think leave it.

idk luis. hate to see you move the flow if everything is happy. but i also hate to see you cut that beautiful coral! ;) im sure whatever you decide will be fine!
It stays in the same place, same flow, thanks ;)
 
It was a kit because of those nice curved lines those are hard to do. But lots of sanding. And all those little copper twist ties every few inches to hold it while the epoxy fillets get placed then they fiber glass over it, then remove, sand etc….its a Maine peapod sailboat. One of my bucket lists.
Truly a thing of beauty!!
Great job so far looks amazing!
 
I know there are favias and favites but these 3 were sold to me as favias and it's amazing to see how close they are and have different growth patterns.
1000131212.jpg
 
Oh my Gosh golly Smorgs!
Today this Smorgosh has a big day today!
Hole mole Smorgs !!!
I’ve got two Smorgs driving from an hour away!! Holy Smorgy! Smorgolishus
Papa Smorg is so fregin happy with me too!
Oh my Smorgoshbord!!
I’m so fregin Lucky oh my Smorgs!
I love all of you Smorgs out there and papa Smorg told me to tell Y’all to turn your ears on and get yourself into my live Facebook
Next Friday @2000
All Smorgs get a free raffle ticket to pick any of pops Smorgs corals in his tank…ooooh
Yes you heard that right!
That’s what he said!
And every Smorgs gets one raffle ticket per aquarium with at least water in it!
Post a picture with your tank and you for each entry. Just one picture of you please but as many as you want of your aquariums and or its inhabitants.
Stayed tuned for more details Smorgs
I’m so excited
I just can’t hide it!
I know I know…
I like it like it..
or however that song goes by that one really Smorgy Lady
Peace Smorgs
 
I hope winters over soon. I need the warmth to finish this boat. Too cold to mix epoxy and cure it. Thought I could do it over winter in garage but need to maintain 70’s for a few days and air it out too.
Wow Paul just wow!
 
Good morning, how is the hunt going?
Slow this morning its possible the rabbits didn't move around much last night which makes it harder to find them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new