20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
No my lemon tree hasn’t grown a single lime, orange or apple yet! :angry-face: That’s my go to outside beer, so refreshing on a hot day!
I got buds on Lime and Grapefruit but it's a ways off. After I posted the chocolate trees before I may start those upland try again. I'll just leave a humidifier pointed at it all through the winter next year. should prevent leaf drop. Due to Feb and Maine, there's no potatoes to plant yet. So I think I may have to get some sweet taters from the organic market and start them sprouting now. Going to see if I can grow them in a trap door planter. Start inside now in the greenhouse and bring outside when weather improves. Really wish I had a solarium. Will have to start peanuts soon too.
 
didn't want to attempt your own tempura? I don't think I would unless it was the full meal. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I would really like you to cook for me for a week. I'm tired of cooking my own elaborate meals all the time. Tonight I will be headed OUT for my meal of choice. thinking steak.
 
didn't want to attempt your own tempura? I don't think I would unless it was the full meal. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I would really like you to cook for me for a week. I'm tired of cooking my own elaborate meals all the time. Tonight I will be headed OUT for my meal of choice. thinking steak.
I still have that skill blocked lol, plus while cooking and drinking you have to grab something to snack on And that's where sushi comes in today, My payment for cooking is in beers and good conversations
 
With this idea, I picked up some pork belly, tofu, mushrooms, bok choy, bean sprouts, water chestnuts. I’ll just put over some ramen noodles. Going to try and marinate some hard boiled eggs too.
 
Ok @luis angel give me a recap of the day please.
I think you were involved in almost all the topics,
although you missed out when Kevin found out I was 26 weeks pregnant
Mike is getting an Orphek lens kit
Walker has a new member in the family, a beautiful lyretail anthia
Paul wants me to go to his house to cook
@tbrown hasn't been here today, I'm taking this post and tagging him to see if everything is okay.
 
I think you were involved in almost all the topics,
although you missed out when Kevin found out I was 26 weeks pregnant
Mike is getting an Orphek lens kit
Walker has a new member in the family, a beautiful lyretail anthia
Paul wants me to go to his house to cook
@tbrown hasn't been here today, I'm taking this post and tagging him to see if everything is okay.
Thank you! I will scroll back to see picture of the new family member.
 
I think you were involved in almost all the topics,
although you missed out when Kevin found out I was 26 weeks pregnant
Mike is getting an Orphek lens kit
Walker has a new member in the family, a beautiful lyretail anthia
Paul wants me to go to his house to cook
@tbrown hasn't been here today, I'm taking this post and tagging him to see if everything is okay.
I think I really want another Octo. Really was rewarding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new