20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
If the steak doesn't moo when you bite it you might as well eat charcoal...
I tell my wife "they cooked your steak on the chicken setting" whenever we go out and she gets a steak :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
We are so glad you found us!
Me too! I'm sure my tank would have been abandoned by now if I'm being honest. Getting this thing squared away and stabilized has been a daunting task, even with the support on here! Definitely needed it!
 
That said... I just realized I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm home alone so I have to make my own dinner... *gulp* I can do some things moderately well, and maybe even impressively sometimes.. but cooking isn't one of those things haha
 
We might as well practice too! You got any left over boiling water syringes? Let's start a blood bank :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
they have free boxes of needles at the park.!
 
That said... I just realized I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm home alone so I have to make my own dinner... *gulp* I can do some things moderately well, and maybe even impressively sometimes.. but cooking isn't one of those things haha
Do you have door dash or some other food delivery service?
 
I lost my brother in October and my reef tank and this community helped me to stop going down that dark hole every night when I got home from work.. I got my tank going and kind of lost it through the whole ordeal and it was like, as soon as I needed it, this whole other world was there waiting for me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Mike youre awesome. I can't wait to see what shenanigans youre going to get us into each day. We're a better group bc your here. There's a lot of literal AND figurative light in this hobby. I'm so glad you found it. Day by day, friend.
 
That said... I just realized I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm home alone so I have to make my own dinner... *gulp* I can do some things moderately well, and maybe even impressively sometimes.. but cooking isn't one of those things haha
Taco night!!??
 
they have free boxes of needles at the park.!
I should've stocked up while I was working down there! I'll be back soon anyways when they get done sheathing..

In all seriousness though.. I can't believe they just give away so many needles... regardless of anyone's opinion on whether giving needles is helpful, or enabling or whatever... can we at least agree that the needles everywhere is getting out of hand and maybe do a trade in program or something? You dont get anymore needles if yours end up in the bushes somewhere kinda thing. I have to constantly watch out for needles when working in the cities and am glad my boots have steel toes and shank... I'm constantly worried about stepping on them.
 
I don't have anything remotely that professional to QT fish or even hold them for awhile before selling
Yeah, this store QTs all of their live stock before putting them out for sale.
 
Do you have door dash or some other food delivery service?
I found leftovers so I'm not going to starve tonight! That said, I'm just rural enough that I can get delivery, but it's never hot and the delivery fee is as much as the food lol
 
Yeah, this store QTs all of their live stock before putting them out for sale.
My neck of the woods could use a place like that. We just have too many sub par places around that sell cheap that I think it would be hard for someone to get established
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new