20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Laying in bed now. I did this yesterday. It's the little things
 

Attachments

  • 20250212_213222.jpg
    20250212_213222.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 17
What a long day.. I hate service calls. Hope yall had a better day than I did. I'm off to bed. Good night everyone!
I hate maintenance calls, cleaning coils, unclog drains and all that, easy but hate it lol


Yea, and i hate those ones where you really cant leave till the project is done or you leave them without power/heat..
 
Looks like it’s outgrowing that area. Time for a larger tank….lol
Those are beautiful!!! I can’t wait to be able to add an acan, chalice, and a scolly. The colors are amazing
 
This is also the busiest we've ever been at this time of year.
Or I'm getting old....
Tired of being so cold.
Luis, John I'm heading your way boys....
 
Apologies everyone I'm trying to keep up as best I can just haven't been feeling that great for a bit....
Why the apologies? What did I miss?
 
Why the apologies? What did I miss?
You missed nothing.
You guys are all so great and I've been wanting to be a little more talkative just haven't been feeling great
That's all Luis!
You are a tremendous young man!
 
You missed nothing.
You guys are all so great and I've been wanting to be a little more talkative just haven't been feeling great
That's all Luis!
You are a tremendous young man!
It's understandable, your job is quite similar to mine, my type of work at the end of the year is very little, so when it's high season or there's a lot of work we have to take advantage and work extra hours if we need too, Do you have someone you trust at the restaurant that you can start to delegate a little more to and take things a little slower?
 
It's understandable, your job is quite similar to mine, my type of work at the end of the year is very little, so when it's high season or there's a lot of work we have to take advantage and work extra hours if we need too, Do you have someone you trust at the restaurant that you can start to delegate a little more to and take things a little slower?
I wish I did.
I do all the cooking, prep, recipes, etc.
I have an assistant but he can't do all of that.
My wife and I were thinking of taking a small vacation which might help.
There's so many people that have moved here that's most of the problem.
No of us are set up nor ready for it.
This is traditionally our slow season where we have working days off, if you know what I mean.
 
I wish I did.
I do all the cooking, prep, recipes, etc.
I have an assistant but he can't do all of that.
My wife and I were thinking of taking a small vacation which might help.
There's so many people that have moved here that's most of the problem.
No of us are set up nor ready for it.
This is traditionally our slow season where we have working days off, if you know what I mean.
Tell him to learn more or hire another one and there would be two people to do at least half or two thirds of your work.
 
I wish I did.
I do all the cooking, prep, recipes, etc.
I have an assistant but he can't do all of that.
My wife and I were thinking of taking a small vacation which might help.
There's so many people that have moved here that's most of the problem.
No of us are set up nor ready for it.
This is traditionally our slow season where we have working days off, if you know what I mean.
how bad would it be to close for a week and go away? There are many places that do that here all the time. And they still have a huge line when they come back. people will wait for good food.
 
Tell him to learn more or hire another one and there would be two people to do at least half or two thirds of your work.
Been thinking that....
 
how bad would it be to close for a week and go away? There are many places that do that here all the time. And they still have a huge line when they come back. people will wait for good food.
That's what we are thinking. :thinking-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new