20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
#1 source of antioxidants in the Amarican diet. I’ve been drinking it black since I was a teen in the early 1900’s.
 
It's 85% water. Drink it black and it's actually somewhat good for you as long as you don't overdo it.
I would assume blacks it's more than 85% water isn't it?
 
Peppermint tea is about the only one I'll drink and I prefer it straight from the garden brewed in a French press.
 
#1 source of antioxidants in the Amarican diet. I’ve been drinking it black since I was a teen in the early 1900’s.
I thought you discovered it?
 
Peppermint tea is about the only one I'll drink and I prefer it straight from the garden brewed in a French press.
That sounds pretty good!
 
I only drink hot tea at a Chinese restaurant. I could never stand sweet tea.
Its valentines day! Better not let sweety hear that! :winking-face-with-tongue: see what i did there? Hardy har har
 
That sounds pretty good!
Applemint is the BEST smelling mint I have ever tried to grow. Unfortunately it didn't make it long enough to get any tea leaves from to see how it tastes but if you find it, crack a leaf and give it a sniff and you'll be hooked.
 
My son has given me a couple colds, the flu and rsv since he started going to the day care room at my wife's work on Jan 1st... I have spent maybe 4 days not sick this year...
welcome to the club. though my kids never left my side until pre school. Wife goes to work and I take care of the kids.
 
Applemint is the BEST smelling mint I have ever tried to grow. Unfortunately it didn't make it long enough to get any tea leaves from to see how it tastes but if you find it, crack a leaf and give it a sniff and you'll be hooked.
I must google this. I have all kinds of wild mint leaves out in the wood line behind my house
 
welcome to the club. though my kids never left my side until pre school. Wife goes to work and I take care of the kids.
We got lucky that the wife works there and gets free childcare as a benefit so he just goes to work with mom, now. The first year she just worked remotely and brought him with her to work if she needed to go in. Worked out pretty good. Whenever he got fussy she got out of meetings :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
yeah, Tim, try a spoon of honey. it helps better than cough drops.
I do honey in my coffee occasionally.

@Stang67 has the BEST honey ever. She even had killer bee honey once - that was crazy! Had an interesting minty kick to it.
 
I do honey in my coffee occasionally.

@Stang67 has the BEST honey ever. She even had killer bee honey once - that was crazy! Had an interesting minty kick to it.
That's awesome. I love honey!

Very cool @Stang67, I didn't know that about you!
 
I just received my order from Dinkins and almost everything arrived dead, I didn't even do an acclimatization process to be able to save a few, the bottom ones are all dead and the copepods I don't see much movement
1000132568.jpg
1000132567.jpg
1000132569.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new