20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I just received my order from Dinkins and almost everything arrived dead, I didn't even do an acclimatization process to be able to save a few, the bottom ones are all dead and the copepods I don't see much movement
1000132568.jpg
1000132567.jpg
1000132569.jpg
Sometimes they look dead but warming them up in tank water brings them back.
 
I just received my order from Dinkins and almost everything arrived dead, I didn't even do an acclimatization process to be able to save a few, the bottom ones are all dead and the copepods I don't see much movement
1000132568.jpg
1000132567.jpg
1000132569.jpg
Well since you're in Miami I don't think it was the cold unless it was on a truck overnight somewhere else?
 
Sometimes they look dead but warming them up in tank water brings them back.
The water was lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, the cooling packs were all at room temperature.
 
I been drinking earl gray tea and honey a lot lately. Coffee in the morning but after noon I do the tea
That's one of my favorite reasons. Try adding a little vanilla to it and it will be even better!
 
I just received my order from Dinkins and almost everything arrived dead, I didn't even do an acclimatization process to be able to save a few, the bottom ones are all dead and the copepods I don't see much movement
1000132568.jpg
1000132567.jpg
1000132569.jpg
That's wild! Mine were so lively! Definitely get ahold of them, they were super friendly when I ordered from them
 
That's wild! Mine were so lively! Definitely get ahold of them, they were super friendly when I ordered from them
They are super cool, I have talked to them many times, everything was paid with gift cards so I am not going to make a claim.
 
Same! It's not going to happen though lol
that should be part of your lunch. 15 minute eat then little nap with alarm clock in case. you wouldn't believe how refreshed it makes you.
 
That's wild! Mine were so lively! Definitely get ahold of them, they were super friendly when I ordered from them
Ya, they will make it right, no questions asked.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new