20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
But…this here!
My rock. All the candles I’ve blown out, all the wishes on falling stars, and my favorite dreams are this woman right here!

IMG_2194.jpeg
IMG_2191.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg
This is the best thing I have read on the internet! I love it when people I care about are as in love with their spouse/partner as I am mine!
 
Here's the video I promised. Not sure why there are little particles floating in the tank that is making the side few cloudy looking. I'm thinking its possibly a little sand that got stirred up yesterday when I drained and then refilled it. I'm going to put an HOB temporarily on the back to help it clear up.



Beautiful planted tank Amanda!!
 
We've got the Smorgasbord slueths on the case 🤣
I zoomed in on her face and took a screenshot.

You can see my TV frame in the picture


20261010_183913.jpg
Well…it WAS a Coors light! ! 🤣
 
This is my best friend (aka hubby) and me. He's what keeps me going and dries my tears and keeps me laughing even in the bad times...



Screenshot_20261010_211112_Photos.jpg
That’s what it’s all about. Always picking you up making you feel great no matter what.
 
This is the best thing I have read on the internet! I love it when people I care about are as in love with their spouse/partner as I am mine!
This woman has dug me out of my mental trenches more times than not. I owe her my life!
 
This is my best friend (aka hubby) and me. He's what keeps me going and dries my tears and keeps me laughing even in the bad times...



Screenshot_20261010_211112_Photos.jpg
I love seeing this!!
 
Alright I guess it’s my time to share. We started dating my senior year and her junior year in high school. In December we will be married for 36 years and together for 41 years. She’s a nurse and for 2 years when I was either in bed at home or an hour away in University Hospital she was with me while working full time, taking care of the house, inside and out and taking care of the kids. I used to tell her to not come see me in the hospital but spend the weekend at the lake with family. She’s stubborn. She should have ditched me!
IMG_4712.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new