OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have collected some live rock from a beach. I only got a tiny bit because your not meant to collect it. I just placed it on top of the dry rock. I have just ordered a light because the one I had broke. I was meant to add coral today but now I need to wait another week for the light to come. So next week ill stock the tank.
20220226_204702.jpg

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I went there. The owners of the fish store tested my water for ammonia and nitrite. I can't add coral. The only thing I bought was a light and 20l of ro water. Ill go there for testing again next week. I'm very sorry to let you all down, hopefully I can stock next week
20220305_115921.jpg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I went there. The owners of the fish store tested my water for ammonia and nitrite. I can't add coral. The only thing I bought was a light and 20l of ro water. Ill go there for testing again next week. I'm very sorry to let you all down, hopefully I can stock next week
20220305_115921.jpg
If you’re planning on keeping corals (and especially in such a small tank where things can change very rapidly) I would really urge you to get your own test kits. I wouldn’t worry about getting ammonia or nitrite test kits, you can either wait a couple more weeks or have the lfs teat to verifying that your tank is processing ammonia, but going forward (and ethically you really should purchase these before you purchase any corals) you’ll need to be able to test for Alkalinity, Phosphates, Nitrates, Calcium, PH, and Magnesium (avoid API test kits, Salifert, Red Sea, Nyos, Aquaforest, Tropic Marin, and Hanna are all good brands- Ideally you want the test kit with the best resolution, meaning the most specific test kit (ie one that shows 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, etc, instead of 8, 9, 10, etc).

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re planning on keeping corals (and especially in such a small tank where things can change very rapidly) I would really urge you to get your own test kits. I wouldn’t worry about getting ammonia or nitrite test kits, you can either wait a couple more weeks or have the lfs teat to verifying that your tank is processing ammonia, but going forward (and ethically you really should purchase these before you purchase any corals) you’ll need to be able to test for Alkalinity, Phosphates, Nitrates, Calcium, PH, and Magnesium (avoid API test kits, Salifert, Red Sea, Nyos, Aquaforest, Tropic Marin, and Hanna are all good brands- Ideally you want the test kit with the best resolution, meaning the most specific test kit (ie one that shows 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, etc, instead of 8, 9, 10, etc).
Ok, I'll get test kits. I already have a ph, ill get the other ones you said.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep the walls as clean as you can. If hate for it to build up and u scrape the walls and make the water all dirty. .5 of a gal doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. Lol.

No filters? No air bubbler for flow?
I like the light. Looks good. Small but nice color.
D

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep the walls as clean as you can. If hate for it to build up and u scrape the walls and make the water all dirty. .5 of a gal doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. Lol.

No filters? No air bubbler for flow?
I like the light. Looks good. Small but nice color.
D
Yes, its hard to see but there's a tiny sponge filter in there.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on getting a small thick piece of glass maybe to replace it? Ask them to drill some holes in it or proliferate it so it can breath maybe.
This is contradictory though cuz it's a pico and u might wanna just keep it a sealed biotope to avoid the evap and topping off.
I haven't checked my 3g salinity prior to me topping it off so idk how much of a salt drop it exp.
Can't wait to see some stock in their!
D

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on getting a small thick piece of glass maybe to replace it? Ask them to drill some holes in it or proliferate it so it can breath maybe.
This is contradictory though cuz it's a pico and u might wanna just keep it a sealed biotope to avoid the evap and topping off.
I haven't checked my 3g salinity prior to me topping it off so idk how much of a salt drop it exp.
Can't wait to see some stock in their!
D
For now the Tupperware lid will do, but at some point I'll DEFIENTLY get a proper lid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%

Back