1/2 gallon pico build

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, on Tuesday or Wednesday I will add peppermint shrimp, unless @thatmanMIKEson prove me wrong.
A 1/2 gallon might be a bit small for those shrimp. can’t you just remove the rock, scrape the nem off and then just glue or epoxy over the spot where the nem was? Should take all of a minute so no bacteria or anything on the rock will die.

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 1/2 gallon might be a bit small for those shrimp. can’t you just remove the rock, scrape the nem off and then just glue or epoxy over the spot where the nem was? Should take all of a minute so no bacteria or anything on the rock will die.
Thats a good idea, ill try it out. Ill drop the shrimp.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good idea, ill try it out. Ill drop the shrimp.
I had a single aiptasia in my dt and just put a big piece of epoxy over it to seal it in. Haven’t seen anymore in my tank although I doubt I was lucky enough to catch the only one lol. Hopefully in your case because it’s such a small amount of rock to work with you can just manage it easily even if a couple more pop up.

how has everything else with the tank been going?

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a single aiptasia in my dt and just put a big piece of epoxy over it to seal it in. Haven’t seen anymore in my tank although I doubt I was lucky enough to catch the only one lol. Hopefully in your case because it’s such a small amount of rock to work with you can just manage it easily even if a couple more pop up.

how has everything else with the tank been going?
Everythings doing great, except for when I went on a holiday and my snail died, but all corals are happy.

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just discovered something horrible, a pest anenome, it is in a bad position. It it under the live rock. Should I add 2 peppermint shrimp
unfortunately I don't think a tank that small could support peppermint shrimp. Could you smother the anemone in superglue? ( you could remove the rock if that is what is needed to reach it )

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately I don't think a tank that small could support peppermint shrimp. Could you smother the anemone in superglue? ( you could remove the rock if that is what is needed to reach it )
Yes, I have ordered reef glue, when it comes I will do so.

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, some time this week or next week I am going to the sw lfs to get another zoa frag and maybye some copepods. I have decided on a bumblebee shrimp because there cheap, don't need to be in groups and the look cool. I will wait about a month for the shrimp.

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, some time this week or next week I am going to the sw lfs to get another zoa frag and maybye some copepods. I have decided on a bumblebee shrimp because there cheap, don't need to be in groups and the look cool. I will wait about a month for the shrimp.
I dont think a 1/2 gallon will even be big enough for a bumblebee shrimp, something like sexy shrimp may be better suited for your tank.

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think a 1/2 gallon will even be big enough for a bumblebee shrimp, something like sexy shrimp may be better suited for your tank.
Ok, I'll buy some sexy shrimp in a month instead, thankyou for letting me know.

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love sexy shrimp, I was exited about them, and then I looked them up and I'm afraid after seeing the price tag I have changed my mind. I was very disappointed to find this out, thankyou for your suggestion.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love sexy shrimp, I was exited about them, and then I looked them up and I'm afraid after seeing the price tag I have changed my mind. I was very disappointed to find this out, thankyou for your suggestion.
Keep an eye out for them on sale at any of your local stores. Even check online when the time comes you may be able to find better deals.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, good news. After some digging i have found a place that sells them for really cheap, so in a month I'll order them.
That’s good news. I have never looked before but was surprised the one place near me was selling them for $30 each. Would have never guessed they were that expensive lol. They are cool little guys though.

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good news. I have never looked before but was surprised the one place near me was selling them for $30 each. Would have never guessed they were that expensive lol. They are cool little guys though.
Lucky, that's cheap! In Australia there $80 on average, that's $74 in canada!

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might be because there's no place to catch them in Australia, so they have to be shipped from other countries.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back