100 Gallon Waterbox stocking HELP Reef Safe Fish!

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see from the title i'm having tough time trying to find fish that stand out and colorful for tank!

I currently have:

1 - Tomini Tang
1- Melenarus Wrasse
1 - Bicolor Blenny
1 - 2 clown fish (will probably go back into my Nano tank instead of DT)

Want to add:
1 - Powder blue tang going through QT from Supplier locally
1 - pistol shrimp / goby pair
1 - Flame Hawk Fish
1- magnificent or yellow fox face

Based on your feedback i want to add:
1 - Blue jaw Trigger
1 - coral beauty

Personally i LOVE Puffer fish and triggers, but their pretty much all not reef safe. Valentine puffer and Blue Throat Trigger some say they are but puffer i read still can nip and Blue Throat i read can move rocks around?!

Love all the colors in butterfly's and angels but both say not to risk it in most cases.

Want some ideas on some non risky fish for more mid tank and open swimmers since i have quite a few lower inhabitance already and to add some color!

What do yall recommend or have experience with that i can get away with, i like different and bright colors along with love watching the personalities in the fish.

Last edited:

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral beauty in my 130.4 very happy and has been a model citizen also would recommend a blue jaw trigger i have a pair and they are awsome to watch

OP
OP
Mulkxican

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral beauty in my 130.4 very happy and has been a model citizen also would recommend a blue jaw trigger i have a pair and they are awsome to watch
I heard ALOT about Coral Beauties and Flame Angel but when i looked them up they all say they nip at corals every so often but i guess not with most ppls interactions?

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211122_165728.jpg

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see from the title i'm having tough time trying to find fish that stand out and colorful for tank!

I currently have:

1 - Tomini Tang
1- Melenarus Wrasse
1 - Bicolor Blenny
1 - 2 clown fish (will probably go back into my Nano tank instead of DT)

Want to add:
1 - Powder blue tang going through QT from Supplier locally
1 - pistol shrimp / goby pair
1 - Flame Hawk Fish
1- magnificent or yellow fox face

Based on your feedback i want to add:
1 - Blue jaw Trigger
1 - coral beauty

Personally i LOVE Puffer fish and triggers, but their pretty much all not reef safe. Valentine puffer and Blue Throat Trigger some say they are but puffer i read still can nip and Blue Throat i read can move rocks around?!

Love all the colors in butterfly's and angels but both say not to risk it in most cases.

Want some ideas on some non risky fish for more mid tank and open swimmers since i have quite a few lower inhabitance already and to add some color!

What do yall recommend or have experience with that i can get away with, i like different and bright colors along with love watching the personalities in the fish.
sharknose or neon gobies, nice a blue, very playful and active and very passive, they will even try and clean the tang!

Firefish are always fun, once they get used to the tank they are active

Hectors (or jester) gobies are a cool yellow color and swim very interestingly they will stay around rocks but once they are used to a tank will swim around the rockface nipping on pods and whatever lttle particles go by

if you have a fuge you can get a mandarin, they are stunningly beautiful

OP
OP
Mulkxican

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sharknose or neon gobies, nice a blue, very playful and active and very passive, they will even try and clean the tang!

Firefish are always fun, once they get used to the tank they are active

Hectors (or jester) gobies are a cool yellow color and swim very interestingly they will stay around rocks but once they are used to a tank will swim around the rockface nipping on pods and whatever lttle particles go by

if you have a fuge you can get a mandarin, they are stunningly beautiful
i would love a mandarin but i hear their just so hard to keep fed! Is a fuge a "house" for pods that they eat is that why?

firefish you can just have on right?

oo sharknose might be good idea

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to have a healthy pod population to feed a Mandarin I am going to wait a full year to add one, my fuge is building up the pod population but it takes some time.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Powder Blue is a great fish but they do get pretty big.

I have a Coral Beauty which stands accused (but not yet convicted) of suppressing polyp extension.

Foxface can get big too, but they are a must have utility fish for me.

OP
OP
Mulkxican

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to have a healthy pod population to feed a Mandarin I am going to wait a full year to add one, my fuge is building up the pod population but it takes some time.
i dont currently plan on having a fuge with the space in my sump but it seems that everyone runs one ‍♂️.
PXL_20211130_015805205.jpg

OP
OP
Mulkxican

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Powder Blue is a great fish but they do get pretty big.

I have a Coral Beauty which stands accused (but not yet convicted) of suppressing polyp extension.

Foxface can get big too, but they are a must have utility fish for me.
uh oh -.5 points for coral beauty lol and i hear their hard to get out if you want them out too lol

yea fox face for sure i'm just trying to find the right one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back