100 gallons Acros Tank

Mr. V the pics are awesome! Thanx for posting. I checked out you web site. As soon as I feel I’m red bug free I’m certain you will be getting an order from me. My interceptor is on the way. Any advice on bombing my tank with it? Happy holidays.

Tanks a 120 sps dom, up and running for 19 years. Sps for 16 months.
 
Mr. V the pics are awesome! Thanx for posting. I checked out you web site. As soon as I feel I’m red bug free I’m certain you will be getting an order from me. My interceptor is on the way. Any advice on bombing my tank with it? Happy holidays.

Tanks a 120 sps dom, up and running for 19 years. Sps for 16 months.

Happy Holidays to you and your family too!
For your red bug problem I heard that you will need to double the recommended amount to kill them. They said for pest, you will need to do multiple treatments because the medicines won't kill eggs. But a friend of mine said since the interceptor didn't effect his corals. he only treated the tank once with double dose, then didn't do water change for 2 months so the medicine can kill newborn too. It kinda make sense to me.
IMO, I would dose the recommended amount (I don't remember how much, google it), then raise the amount gradually until you see all the bugs gone. If you don't see any negative effects on corals then keep it for 2 months without water change.
No cacbon and skimmer of course.
P/s: Keep plenty mixed water and carbon ready in case something goes wrong.
 
Last edited:
Just read through this whole thread. Really incredible. How has the tank been doing in the last 3.5 months?
 
Hi guys.
Yes I moved to a different state and unfortunately couldn't haul all of the corals with me. :)
I am now a reefer without reef tank.
:)
Ive seen this more than once but we all keep coming back and stronger than ever
 
Are you back in the reefing game yet?
 
Hey Mr. V looking into the trailer idea wanted to ask you what and where were the stands you got to reinforce the floor I've never seen them before, I could probably find them if I dug real deep but figured I'd ask instead. Thanks! I don't know how to message someone in here...yet.
 
Come back to us!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new