100 gallons Acros Tank

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. V the pics are awesome! Thanx for posting. I checked out you web site. As soon as I feel I’m red bug free I’m certain you will be getting an order from me. My interceptor is on the way. Any advice on bombing my tank with it? Happy holidays.

Tanks a 120 sps dom, up and running for 19 years. Sps for 16 months.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. V the pics are awesome! Thanx for posting. I checked out you web site. As soon as I feel I’m red bug free I’m certain you will be getting an order from me. My interceptor is on the way. Any advice on bombing my tank with it? Happy holidays.

Tanks a 120 sps dom, up and running for 19 years. Sps for 16 months.

Happy Holidays to you and your family too!
For your red bug problem I heard that you will need to double the recommended amount to kill them. They said for pest, you will need to do multiple treatments because the medicines won't kill eggs. But a friend of mine said since the interceptor didn't effect his corals. he only treated the tank once with double dose, then didn't do water change for 2 months so the medicine can kill newborn too. It kinda make sense to me.
IMO, I would dose the recommended amount (I don't remember how much, google it), then raise the amount gradually until you see all the bugs gone. If you don't see any negative effects on corals then keep it for 2 months without water change.
No cacbon and skimmer of course.
P/s: Keep plenty mixed water and carbon ready in case something goes wrong.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guys.
Yes I moved to a different state and unfortunately couldn't haul all of the corals with me. :)
I am now a reefer without reef tank.
:)
Ive seen this more than once but we all keep coming back and stronger than ever

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you back in the reefing game yet?

Back