1000 HOB Classic cup gets stuck

Allen Thorpe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also new to Saltwater tanks but learning a lot so far, so this tank is 55 gals and I purchased a Reef Octopus 1000 Classic HOB seems to be working awesome but the protein cup is hard to remove when I want to clean it. It seems to have almost like a suction from the bubbles and I must rock the cup back and fourth to get it free. Is it possible that maybe it's sitting to low in the skimmer? I followed the destruction's and watched several video's, does not look like rocket science here. Any thoughts from you old pro's?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help with skimmer as I've never used one, but at least wanted to say welcome to R2R.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Allen Thorpe !* I am not familiar with your particular skimmer model.It my just be the design.Sometimes the cups are just really difficult to remove.

1460837541958.jpg

OP
OP
A

Allen Thorpe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help I discovered when I removed the skimmer for a suggest cleaning mind you that I have had this in operation about 3 weeks when I really noticed the issue. So after cleaning both the chamber and the cup it was still just as hard to get in and out, so I took a straight edge to the body of the skimmer and found it has a bulge in it. While it would not seem significant it was about a 32nd or more enough to easily slide a sheet of paper thru it so I sent them my findings and I think they are sending me a replacement or I hope something that will resolve the issue, if so they are will have a customer for life here. In today's market these type of company's are hard to find most just walk a way and could care less.

OP
OP
A

Allen Thorpe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Reef Octopus collection cup removal issue, happy to report that a new 1000 HOB body arrived a few days a go so I swapped them out and a few days have gone by with no issues the cup is easy to put in and take out. Thanks to Coralvue and SaltwaterAquarium for making this happen not many companies stand-up like this anymore but they did and I will be a loyal customer from here on in my supplies and equipment, trust me I am new to this and have a few items that did not work or failed in a few days and either get false promises or a lack of responsibility after spending hundreds of dollars with others.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 173 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back