10000L Coral reef at The Maritime Museum & Aquarium Sweden

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning, my mind is blown. Best of luck with the new building and all that goea along with it. Im sure you will have your hands full for the next few years. It will be sad to see these beautiful reefs torn down but I can't wait to see the new setup and I am sure it will be worth it. Please be sure to make a build thread for the new building amd reef tank when the time comes.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning, my mind is blown. Best of luck with the new building and all that goea along with it. Im sure you will have your hands full for the next few years. It will be sad to see these beautiful reefs torn down but I can't wait to see the new setup and I am sure it will be worth it. Please be sure to make a build thread for the new building amd reef tank when the time comes.

Thanks a lot! I'll do that :)

/ David

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short update(since I'm not at work, today I'm out sailing ;Smuggrin)

The warmest May month ever in Sweden. Been about 25-30 degrees now for almost 3 weeks. And this coming weekend temp might get to record high the news says.
Great if your out sailing, not so great when you try to run aquariums in an old museum :)
In one of the tropical systems(with mostly soft corals) the temperatures are up over 28 degrees during daytime. The other systems goes up to 27-27,5 degrees. Can't see any problems yet, but we're on alert keeping an eye on the temperatures.

To get some less heat we turn off a couple of hetal halide lamps these days over the 10000L tank and have put up some fans blowing across the surface. One thing that not great planning is that this reef tank is in the same room as our cold water system. So we get heat from this tank and the two chillers for the cold system, and at the same time trying to keep an aquariums system at 10 degrees..
It will be great with a new aquarium building (that's not from 1933)!! :D

/ David

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bad
Short update(since I'm not at work, today I'm out sailing ;Smuggrin)

The warmest May month ever in Sweden. Been about 25-30 degrees now for almost 3 weeks. And this coming weekend temp might get to record high the news says.
Great if your out sailing, not so great when you try to run aquariums in an old museum :)
In one of the tropical systems(with mostly soft corals) the temperatures are up over 28 degrees during daytime. The other systems goes up to 27-27,5 degrees. Can't see any problems yet, but we're on alert keeping an eye on the temperatures.

To get some less heat we turn off a couple of hetal halide lamps these days over the 10000L tank and have put up some fans blowing across the surface. One thing that not great planning is that this reef tank is in the same room as our cold water system. So we get heat from this tank and the two chillers for the cold system, and at the same time trying to keep an aquariums system at 10 degrees..
It will be great with a new aquarium building (that's not from 1933)!! :D

/ David
To bad I don't live in sweden. I do HVACR. LOL. We're I live this time of year, it begins to get hot. Weather here is cool with some drizzle odd for us. Good for my chillers. Chillers not working so hard. Have fun. I get sea sick. Also we have flying fish here.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be a bartender in your tank.LOL

Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-01-47.png

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be a bartender in your tank.LOL

Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-01-47.png
We only use 96% ethanol:D But really like his tank! Never seen it IRL, but watched a couple of his talks and seen a lot of pictures. Great stuff. Wish we could get up to that level when we build the new tanks.

/ David

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton test results came today. Not bad :)

Attachments

• 28 NKR 23 maj 18.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 192

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back