100g Cube Recovery

Samppson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

About a year and a half ago, I set-up my 100g cube (32x32x24). It was going pretty well, and over time due to other commitments and laziness I slipped on the normal maintenance and water changes. Downsizing to something smaller did cross my mind, but I feel like I will regret it and miss the options of the bigger tank.

Here are a couple pictures from about a year or so into the tank:

reef1.jpg

reef2.jpg

Surprisingly, most of the corals seem to be doing fairly well for basically no maintenance at all, some have died off or are in not great shape but overall its not too bad. Some of the corals seem to be unphased, like the monticap, thats probably 2 or 3 times the size of it in the picture. One problem that is very evident now is the large amount of green hair algae on the rocks.

How would you guys go about doing a big cleaning/water change? I feel like I want to clean my sump out as well, pull the skimmer out and get as much detritus out from there as well.

Any tips for people in the same situation? How did it work out? Also, any suggestions for corals once I get things under control? I always felt like I was lacking color, and want to add corals to fill in some of the spots unused.

Thanks in advance!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back