OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5002.JPG IMG_5004.JPG Tank in place it was terrible heavy i should get a acrylic tank instead!, arms are 10" longer, plumbing this weekend and a full leak test i hope to get ready with before monday
Wish all a great weekend

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5051.JPG IMG_5056.JPG IMG_5053.JPG IMG_5054.JPG Putting in the return pipe and Abyzz a400 return pump and just filled to do a leak test and wash out the pipes, if no leaks tomorrow hopefully instal "back to nature" panels on the bottom glas to protect em and also looks nice if the sand is blows away.
Also notice the Royale super marine 300 is one large skimmer, but i need to make a table for it to sit little higher in sump need to raise it ca 15cm so have to make one in acrylic IMG_5044.jpg

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!! Can you show a bit more of how the water is getting out of the main display tank? It appears as though the far end (nearest the sump) is where the water exits, similar to a peninsula-style tank.

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marylandtang yez we put a balcony at the side to the sump as i didn't want overflow boxes in tank as i had it before, i have 5 1" returns into the sump
just put fresh water in tank and try different settings run the abyzz a400 pump at 50% right now and use only 4 as i will have one for emergencies at least i think i will and i also need to make some sort of bracket for socks but will use the first section for refugium and soon a kessil grow light will arrive to light the coming cheato, will take more photos of the overflow balcony, right now working for first time with acrylic to make a skimmer stand and if it works out i think i also make a bracket for filter socks in acrylic.

any advise should i run acrylic top on the tank to get vaporization down or just run it open?
I used net tops before but as this is a large tank i guess the ato need to work hard and also i love wrasses :)
any advise is welcomed

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great build. Interesting block work in the beginning. How did you get the mortar in the cracks?

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks -- it's very well thought out. If you have the option for both, I would have both available. In the winters, having tops can keep in a significant amount of heat and moisture so that your electricity bill stays as low as possible. In the summer, it might be helpful to let the water breathe without letting fish jump out.

Also, what is the diameter of the pipe on the return? 1.5" all the way?

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jsker many thanks, used a type of
trowel and a special mortar/cement quite easy and the siporax blocks is very easy and light but have a great isolation valuer who is good here in cold climate then you cut em it looks very similar to marine pure blocks :)
but you need insane long screws to put things into the wall who is the down side

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks -- it's very well thought out. If you have the option for both, I would have both available. In the winters, having tops can keep in a significant amount of heat and moisture so that your electricity bill stays as low as possible. In the summer, it might be helpful to let the water breathe without letting fish jump out.

Also, what is the diameter of the pipe on the return? 1.5" all the way?

Sorry its 5 returns to the sump and they are 25mm each

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice tank and setup

For the top of the tank I would do both the screen and the acrylic as well but break it up into two four foot sections and on two foot section this way it won’t warp

Are my eyes deceiving me? It looks like I’m the middle of the tank u do not have a stand?

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice tank and setup

For the top of the tank I would do both the screen and the acrylic as well but break it up into two four foot sections and on two foot section this way it won’t warp

Are my eyes deceiving me? It looks like I’m the middle of the tank u do not have a stand?
Hi justinggraham no your eyes are perfect just like sump its open in middle its the aquarium manufacture design and its a 21mm thick plywood on top and then ca 10mm foam i used a spirit level many times today but not a mm changes and this way i can put a fridge in middle to keep the fish food,
thanks for input on advise on top

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that would scare me but the builders would know

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the Triton elements in that size? I've only seen them in the smaller bottles?
Hi core 7 you can get in Europe easy in 10 liters jars , just have Trition Usa bring em home for you to save some money

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jsker many thanks, used a type of
trowel and a special mortar/cement quite easy and the siporax blocks is very easy and light but have a great isolation valuer who is good here in cold climate then you cut em it looks very similar to marine pure blocks :)
but you need insane long screws to put things into the wall who is the down side
Very interesting. Thank you for the information

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t triton also have a soda machine type fill up over there as well

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back