jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

The tank is being delivered Monday!! I am excited. We are looking at a building to our business and living space. This is going to be a busy next 6 months rehabbing if our offer is excepted.

Have a great day!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Almost neighbors... :)
about an hr from the lou by I 70.
Got couple thousand lbs of rock n coral ,cheap...:)
PM me if interested.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

The tank is being delivered Monday!! I am excited. We are looking at a building to our business and living space. This is going to be a busy next 6 months rehabbing if our offer is excepted.

Have a great day!!

:p

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a good day. The tank is here and we are getting close to a place to call home. Thank you @Joe Glass Cages, boy the glass is thick and nice. The bulk heads are big, looks like I have to find a larger return pump!!

IMG_1696.jpeg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question of the day @Joe Glass Cages Should I come up through one of the coast to coast bulkheads for the return? Or from one of the sides?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there @jsker I stepped in to look and see what's up with new tanks (price :eek:) and see that you are finally upgrading. Congratz on a real dandy. Also a big move, so I guess I will have to stop in more often to see the shop and the tank build.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question of the day @Joe Glass Cages Should I come up through one of the coast to coast bulkheads for the return? Or from one of the sides?
@jsker

you can do either way. I believe I recall the center hole was going to be the return. doesn't have too though. Give me a call and we can talk through if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost neighbors... :)
about an hr from the lou by I 70.
Got couple thousand lbs of rock n coral ,cheap...:)
PM me if interested.
Thank you, that would be a yes. But I do not know when I will be setting up the tank, Probably sometime in the fall. I will explain below.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there @jsker I stepped in to look and see what's up with new tanks (price :eek:) and see that you are finally upgrading. Congratz on a real dandy. Also a big move, so I guess I will have to stop in more often to see the shop and the tank build.
Wow, a blast from the past. Great to hear from you. Yes you are welcome to stop by, stay a couple of day. If you come down before October, bring you tool belt ;) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I hope you're doing well and see you.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker

you can do either way. I believe I recall the center hole was going to be the return. doesn't have too though. Give me a call and we can talk through if you like.
I am thinking around fall is when I will start the build. Your are more than welcome to come up, for a visit.;)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The story behind our new home.

We have been looking for a new home to setup the business and live. We were going to build, then I was convinced to look for pre-existing. I should have not listen:oops::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:. This started in June of 2022. I found a couple properties, we flew up to Saint Louis ready to buy. One was to far out, and we made an offer on another and were out bid.

Then we started looking for pre-existing and put our house on the market. We found a couple of places but Florida house was had not sold yet. When the house did sell, I pack everything up, broke the bowfront down and we move hoping that we would find a place fairly quickly. I really want to tank @Joe Glass Cages again for working with us through this whole process.

We put in 7 offers on other houses and we out bid. It is crazy, how hard it is to find a house that we would like. Also with interest rate going up, we were going over budget for payment and we still had to build a building. I decided to change direction and with my better half now working downtown. I need to find something closer in town. We have basically been camping in a friends condo with most of our belonging in storage for the past 4 months.

Last week we put an offer in on a build that was built in 1892 down on the south side. The neighborhood is ripe for redevelopment and the build fits all of our needs. We had an inspection last Friday, the inspector confirmed that we are making a great choice, especially since the building was complete rehabbed 12 years ago with new every.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 8.36.54 AM.png

We are going to have to take out some walls upstairs for our living space and build out some of the space for our needs. currently there are three apartments up stairs. I figure it will take till fall to finish the job. The commute will be very short for me and my better half will have a 10 minute commute instead of an hour one way.

in about 30 days the process will start with moving things out of storage, the demo, and construction for our living space.

I am thinking of having a sump room where a kitchen is now to have a remote sump. This way I can use the existing plumbing for drainage and also have the sump off the floor for easier access, plumbing in the sump with drains, and use the exist plumbing for drainage and water supply. We are pretty excited!!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! what a nice building, I hope you can grow a good mustache to go with it.
1709582812756.png

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We killed the deal on the old building. Insurance was one issue. The build is in great shape. Insurance companies would not write a policy. back to the search.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ogh that was a cool building, shop and living qtrs. Barndominiums would be cool if you have the time and acres.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back